Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding between periods - is this peri or something else?

(17 Posts)
Almahart Tue 08-Oct-19 11:20:06

Hallo. My period ended about ten days ago and I now have some bleeding - started as a bit of spotting but now a bit heavier.

Obviously I’ll go to the GP but what could it be?

I’m 48 and definitely not pregnant

GlitterSparkle85 Tue 08-Oct-19 21:40:40

It could be have you had any other symptoms that lead you to believe this?
Periods can be weird sometimes have you been under a lot of stress lately?it can sometimes be something as small as that...try not to fret as you'll be seeing GP soon enough Good luck hope this helps xx

Almahart Wed 09-Oct-19 09:00:40

Yes, under lots of stress! I’m pretty sure I’m in the peri zone, my hair has really thinned recently and I have had odd bits of nausea

GlitterSparkle85 Wed 09-Oct-19 11:50:38

Stress effects the body in many different ways mine tend to be hair falling messed up periods then back to normal once stress has been eliminated! Hope you feel better soon flowers

Popetthetreehugger Wed 09-Oct-19 12:22:00

I had this a few years ago , I wasn't worried, only mentioned it to nurse because I was there . I was sent for blood tests . Upshot was fibroids , after scans etc it was decided a hysterectomy was best thing . Do not ignore.... most likely nothing but just check !

kingfisher90 Thu 10-Oct-19 16:30:45

Go to the doctor to get it checked. I had this back in August. I’ve had a swab and an ultra sound and thankfully both came back clear.
I’ve an appointment on 15 with gynaecology.

I had a funny loss beginning of August, then My actual period was aug 26th but I had a funny flow sept 16th for 10 days.
(I’m 45)

Almahart Thu 10-Oct-19 20:03:14

Thanks all, I’m going to the GP tomorrow and will report back

GlitterSparkle85 Thu 10-Oct-19 20:40:13

Good luck hope it's nothing and you get an answer X

Almahart Fri 11-Oct-19 10:43:46

Hi GP thought probably peri related and so I got some bloods done. Fingers crossed

GlitterSparkle85 Fri 11-Oct-19 11:29:45

wink

onemouseplace Fri 11-Oct-19 11:36:44

Interesting - I had similar about 5 years ago for a few cycles - had it investigated but nothing came up, then had DC3 and it stopped happening.

It's come back the last couple of cycles - starts bang on Day 10 of my cycle so I'm assuming it's hormonal, but this cycle it's lasted about 6 days so far and is more than spotting, much more like a period. I've felt pretty rubbish as well to be honest - very tired and washed out.

Blahblahblahnanana Fri 11-Oct-19 11:52:13

Similar is happening with me. I went about 6 weeks without a period in June then bleed for about 10 days, however since then I’ve had a period every 2-3 weeks so I’m going to the doctors today as I think I’m likely peri menopausal.

I do have added complications though (previously had cancer) so although I think it’s probably peri menopause, I’m feeling anxious at the thought of needing any tests...

Blahblahblahnanana Fri 11-Oct-19 14:26:19

Just got back from the doctors’s. It’s bloods and an ultrasound for me. (I do have some fibroids so it could be them causing issues I guess too)

Almahart Fri 11-Oct-19 17:24:40

Hi @Blahblahblahnanana, good that they took it seriously. It must be more worrying with your previous experience. When’s your ultrasound likely to be?

Blahblahblahnanana Fri 11-Oct-19 17:47:27

Yeah it’s good that I’ve been taken seriously and been referred for tests once I’ve seen the doctor. The doctor said it’s about a 2 week wait for an ultrasound.

However saying all of this, I did have to mention my complicated medical history both to the doctor, and question why when trying to make the GP appointment with the receptionist why I couldn’t be seen that day and needed a 2/3 week wait to see the doctor as it wasn’t an emergency... (My medical history plus I now a medical background makes me question things more)

I realise GPs are busy and don’t have time to read notes, however bleeding so frequently isn’t normal when it’s not happened before, and women shouldn’t be fobbed off, so it does makes me wonder how many women may be fobbed off who are experiencing similar symptoms....

Blahblahblahnanana Fri 11-Oct-19 17:50:56

Actually I’m working with a gyny consultant later in the week so may drop my symptoms into conversation... anonymously of course! 🤣

Almahart Fri 11-Oct-19 18:25:17

Hmmm. Yes, persistence is key isn’t it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »