Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Post meno bleed

(3 Posts)
purpledrips Tue 12-Jun-18 13:25:12

I am really worried right now. Post meno for 28 months and then on Sunday I had a small bleed with slight lower belly ache and headache and slight blood when wiping (sorry if tmi) no blood yesterday but today a little red blood this morning and now a brownish colour upon wiping. I'm not on hrt. I have booked a go appointment for Friday so I'm on the case just worried after a stupid google. If you have any experience of this I would be so grateful to hear from you. Am also going to post this in general health.

Bellaciao Tue 12-Jun-18 20:22:19

Try not to worry - depending on your age it could be your ovaries having a last fling especially if you had pre-menstural symptoms to go with it? otherwise if you have fibroids or polyps these can cause bleeding and also maybe if it was after sex? Have you been/are you on HRT or POP or coil recently? Good to be investigated to check all is OK and hopefully it will be. You may (and should) be fast-tracked under the 2 week rule so don't be alarmed if this happens - it is (should be) normal practice for post-meno bleeding.

DancingHipposOnAcid Wed 13-Jun-18 22:00:52

Could be lots of relatively minor conditions. I had this and turned out to be a uterine polyp, removed by hysteroscopy.

You should be fast tracked for investigation as post menopausal bleeding should always be checked out quickly in case it is something more serious, but in the vast majority of cases it is a minor condition easily treated.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: