Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

sore toes

(16 Posts)
Monkee4 Mon 11-Jun-18 22:55:33

Anyone got any idea why my 4th and 5th toes on my right foot are really sore? I thought I had athletes foot so have been using cream for that but it still hurts and its been a few weeks now. Sometimes it really stings. I have frightened myself by reading about diabetes and amputation. I guess I need to see my GP.
I am post menopausal and I get the stiff feet and ankle thing in the morning but this is something else....

IJustHadToNameChange Mon 11-Jun-18 22:59:33

Look up neuromas.

Little growths, like ganglions, which cause irritation to the nerves leading to the toes.

www.nhs.uk/conditions/mortons-neuroma/

IJustHadToNameChange Mon 11-Jun-18 23:01:13

Soft corns?

www.nhs.uk/conditions/corns-and-calluses/treatment/

Monkee4 Mon 11-Jun-18 23:05:42

Thank you both!
I feel better now having read about mortons-neuroma... symptoms identical - apart from the bit about being very active, happens to runners! lol. I do keep fit once a week and walk the dog twice a day and walk to work each day but I wouldn't say I am hugely active. However I have been wearing cheap shoes from H&M (nice pink ones with shiny bling on the heel - mid life crises shoes) so that could have started it off.

Monkee4 Mon 11-Jun-18 23:07:48

just realised you're the same person! thanks again!

IJustHadToNameChange Mon 11-Jun-18 23:07:53

One of the clinchers is trying to stand on tip toe.

For me, it felt as if my toes were going to explode!

I had to have a steroid injection and wear orthotics now.

No nice shoes. 😭

Monkee4 Mon 11-Jun-18 23:12:17

Oh sorry to hear that (about the shoes!) Just tried to stand on my tip toes and no explosion here. Just get pain and stinging sometimes during the day.

Monkee4 Mon 11-Jun-18 23:13:04

will your toes improve though? so you can order some new nice shoes again?

IJustHadToNameChange Tue 12-Jun-18 01:45:05

Nope.

The challenge is to stop them getting worse.

Worst case scenario is an operation.

Don't Google it. It's horrendous! 😱

Monkee4 Tue 12-Jun-18 20:51:48

oh I'm sorry to hear that - I'm assuming you have the moretons-neuroma?

IJustHadToNameChange Tue 12-Jun-18 21:17:20

Neuromas, bunions, plantar fasciitis and more 😱

I have specially moulded orthotics which will only fit into pretty clumpy shoes.

I alternate with Skechers and very occasionally wear a 'nice' wide fitting shoe (Clark's) but I can't wear them for more than a day.

Monkee4 Tue 12-Jun-18 22:02:10

Interesting about sketchers - they are the only shoes I can wear at the moment. Went into a foothealth shop today but was too embarassed to show my feet to the assistant in there because I don't know if it is contagious. Bought some corn plasters and giving them a go for a few days! If nothing changes will go to GP

IJustHadToNameChange Tue 12-Jun-18 23:00:25

Not contagious.

Don't worry, they wear gloves.

Monkee4 Tue 12-Jun-18 23:10:44

grin they looked so young and were all having a nice chat!
I may go back..

IJustHadToNameChange Wed 13-Jun-18 07:36:31

Explain what might be going on.

They may be able to confirm what's going on.

Monkee4 Wed 13-Jun-18 17:54:48

Thanks I will

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: