Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Peri aches and pain

(11 Posts)
chockaholic72 Sun 27-May-18 20:04:21

Diagnosed peri four months ago and put on Femoston 1/10 - I'm 45.
HRT is really helping with my mood swings, depression, and general feeling of being overwhelmed. But, I have really bad joint pain - legs and back mainly. I am going on a mountaineering trip to Spain in a month, and then doing Ride London at the end of July so I really need to train and get some weight off, but everything just hurts so much. I'm having to roll out of bed in the mornings because I am stiff as a board. I am doing yoga in the morning when I have time, but is there anything supplement-wise that would help, or anything I should make sure I am eating enough of?

Emerald13 Mon 28-May-18 05:24:19

I guess that the dose of estrogen is too low for your age. I am on Femoston 2/10 and I have no symptoms. I had joint and bone pains too and I am43. Check your vit D and maybe you need an extra supplement.

Tinkobell Fri 01-Jun-18 16:20:48

47 not on anything yet. But I know I'm peri. I take Macca root, safflower oil and also spatone iron sachet liquid. Feel tip top, no aches and a great libido! 😁

amazonianwoman Fri 01-Jun-18 22:48:46

Marking place. I'm 51, peri, not on anything but really struggling with aching knees, feet, hands and even elbows. Only just considered this evening that it could be menopause related? I know losing weight will help with knees but elbows?! Is HRT prescribed more "freely" if you're under 50?

Emerald13 Fri 01-Jun-18 22:58:16

According to the new guidelines there is no a strict context for prescribing hrt. If you have symptoms that affect your quality of life and no contradictions you can ask for hrt.

amazonianwoman Fri 01-Jun-18 23:38:24

Thanks. Have GP appt next week, will hopefully discuss.

swingofthings Sun 03-Jun-18 14:12:49

I started taking magnesium some months back and much better since. Can't be sure it's due to it only but no harm trying.

Belonger Wed 13-Jun-18 18:00:00

My awful limb pains were fixed by taking Spatone iron supplement. I also see a medical herbalist and so far have felt tons better

achoocashew Wed 13-Jun-18 18:05:07

How do you know if you are peri?? I'm 46 and just feel tired, could that be a sign? Nothing excessive though...

ParisUSM Wed 13-Jun-18 19:54:33

Hi achoocashew you know you're peri because typically your periods become irregular with more than 7 days difference between cycles. Before peri you might find the cycle length decreases from 28 to about 25 or so - quite subtle changes. There's a diagram here which is helpful on the stages.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3580996/

Feeling tired could be caused by many things, low iron/ferritin, vitamin d. I found the tiredness of peri more of a crashing fatigue than tiredness, but we're all different.

achoocashew Sun 17-Jun-18 13:25:17

But I'm on the pill and don't have periods!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: