Talk

Advanced search

OMG pmt

(13 Posts)
mumtoateenger75 Wed 21-Mar-18 18:15:21

Just lately over past year I have been getting really bad PMT feeling really low touchy short fused and generally crap
I am 43 so potentially a but early for menopause
I was wondering if anyone has or had experienced this feelings and has begun take measures which ease symptoms
Thankyou in advance

Emerald13 Wed 21-Mar-18 20:56:49

I had these symptoms a year ago, I didn’t take care and after a few months I had more severe symptoms that putted my health in danger. I had almost regular periods! I’m on hrt and I wish to take it a bit earlier and to be more informed! smile

mumtoateenger75 Wed 21-Mar-18 23:15:45

Wow x did you have to have a blood test or did they put you on hrt on the basis of your symptoms x

Emerald13 Thu 22-Mar-18 05:55:49

My gyn put me on hrt based on my symptoms, I had blood test too that showed an FSH of 35. Blood tests aren’t accurate in peri, so my diagnosis was based more on my symptoms. Hrt helped me almost immediately! I was on cyclo progynova and on femoston now. No side effects, no symptoms, I feel like myself again!

MiniTheMinx Thu 22-Mar-18 06:05:07

I have developed horrendous PMT. Periods are every 28 days spot on, but ridiculously heavy now. So, am I reading this right, can you take hrt before periods become irregular?

Emerald13 Thu 22-Mar-18 06:13:06

Definitely yes if you are too young and your symptoms affect your health and quality of life!

mumtoateenger75 Thu 22-Mar-18 08:01:51

My libido has been affected too I am only enthuasatic for about a week a month
Will hrt help with this too

mumtoateenger75 Thu 22-Mar-18 08:02:14

I have heard such horror stories I about hrt

WhatsGoingOnEh Thu 22-Mar-18 08:06:02

@MiniTheMinx I'm like you - regular periods but increasingly heavy. I told my GP and he sent me for an ultrasound which showed I had a couple of fibroids. sad I'd get it looked at.

ParisUSM Thu 22-Mar-18 13:14:21

At 43 the doctor will probably want blood tests taken and won't subscribe HRT just on symptoms as he/she would if you were over 45. Worth getting vitamin d and ferritin levels checked too

MiniTheMinx Thu 22-Mar-18 18:21:53

WhatsGoingOnEh, I was told I had a small fibroid 17 years ago when pregnant with DS1. I wonder if you are right, I will mention to GP. Have you had them removed? Do they do anything about fibroids?

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 25-Mar-18 16:21:01

@MiniTheMinx Yes, definitely mention it.

I have two and they're getting bigger. 🙁 My gynaecologist (a consultant!) says we could just leave them, or he could remove them. He's kind of leaving the decision up to me, which I don't really like.

He's given me pills - Trans-something Acid - which help to stem the awful bleeding.

I'm scared of the removal operation! but it'd probably be fine. The thing is, the fibroids don't cross my mind until I get my period. I've got my period now, and it's awful. I had a bath last night and when I stood up to get out, a huge clot just fell out. It's truly revolting, and I feel knackered and drained. I've just gone to GP for a blood test to check my Iron and Thyroid.

So - in summary, yes! See if your fibroid's still there and causing the bleeding.

mumtoateenger75 Sat 26-May-18 07:07:19

The doc has put me in gedarel 30/150 contraceptive pill to see if it levels my hormones out
Anyone been on this ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: