Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

OMG pmt

(12 Posts)
mumtoateenger75 Wed 21-Mar-18 18:15:21

Just lately over past year I have been getting really bad PMT feeling really low touchy short fused and generally crap
I am 43 so potentially a but early for menopause
I was wondering if anyone has or had experienced this feelings and has begun take measures which ease symptoms
Thankyou in advance

Emerald13 Wed 21-Mar-18 20:56:49

I had these symptoms a year ago, I didn’t take care and after a few months I had more severe symptoms that putted my health in danger. I had almost regular periods! I’m on hrt and I wish to take it a bit earlier and to be more informed! smile

mumtoateenger75 Wed 21-Mar-18 23:15:45

Wow x did you have to have a blood test or did they put you on hrt on the basis of your symptoms x

Emerald13 Thu 22-Mar-18 05:55:49

My gyn put me on hrt based on my symptoms, I had blood test too that showed an FSH of 35. Blood tests aren’t accurate in peri, so my diagnosis was based more on my symptoms. Hrt helped me almost immediately! I was on cyclo progynova and on femoston now. No side effects, no symptoms, I feel like myself again!

MiniTheMinx Thu 22-Mar-18 06:05:07

I have developed horrendous PMT. Periods are every 28 days spot on, but ridiculously heavy now. So, am I reading this right, can you take hrt before periods become irregular?

Emerald13 Thu 22-Mar-18 06:13:06

Definitely yes if you are too young and your symptoms affect your health and quality of life!

mumtoateenger75 Thu 22-Mar-18 08:01:51

My libido has been affected too I am only enthuasatic for about a week a month
Will hrt help with this too

mumtoateenger75 Thu 22-Mar-18 08:02:14

I have heard such horror stories I about hrt

WhatsGoingOnEh Thu 22-Mar-18 08:06:02

@MiniTheMinx I'm like you - regular periods but increasingly heavy. I told my GP and he sent me for an ultrasound which showed I had a couple of fibroids. sad I'd get it looked at.

ParisUSM Thu 22-Mar-18 13:14:21

At 43 the doctor will probably want blood tests taken and won't subscribe HRT just on symptoms as he/she would if you were over 45. Worth getting vitamin d and ferritin levels checked too

MiniTheMinx Thu 22-Mar-18 18:21:53

WhatsGoingOnEh, I was told I had a small fibroid 17 years ago when pregnant with DS1. I wonder if you are right, I will mention to GP. Have you had them removed? Do they do anything about fibroids?

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 25-Mar-18 16:21:01

@MiniTheMinx Yes, definitely mention it.

I have two and they're getting bigger. 🙁 My gynaecologist (a consultant!) says we could just leave them, or he could remove them. He's kind of leaving the decision up to me, which I don't really like.

He's given me pills - Trans-something Acid - which help to stem the awful bleeding.

I'm scared of the removal operation! but it'd probably be fine. The thing is, the fibroids don't cross my mind until I get my period. I've got my period now, and it's awful. I had a bath last night and when I stood up to get out, a huge clot just fell out. It's truly revolting, and I feel knackered and drained. I've just gone to GP for a blood test to check my Iron and Thyroid.

So - in summary, yes! See if your fibroid's still there and causing the bleeding.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: