Talk

Advanced search

Anybody taken the pill (Yaz) to help perimenopause?

(4 Posts)
Butterbean17 Thu 01-Mar-18 10:09:29

Hi everyone,
I’m 41 and have been experiencing crashing lows during and after my periods. I only have about 5 good days per month. Periods are heavy and becoming slightly closer together. I am now also experiencing anxiety that I cannot shake.
My gyn has advised I go on the Yaz contraceptive pill to regulate my hormones. Has anyone else done that? Really hoping for sone success stories!
Thank you, Natalie

Emerald13 Thu 01-Mar-18 20:36:07

Hi! I’m 42 and on hrt. I don’t think that Yaz is a good idea cause it contains synthetic and high dose of estrogen and younger ladies usually use it. If you want to use BCP as hrt, maybe Qlaira is a better option. It contains bio identical estrogen, estradiol that is safer for long term use. My personal view of course...

Butterbean17 Fri 02-Mar-18 06:36:15

Thank you, unfortunately I live in Dubai and Qlaira isn’t available here.
My estrogen levels are still quite high so I think that’s why I’m not yet ready for HRT.
It’s the anxiety that I am really struggling with. I’ve just had a week off work because of it....

maria111111 Fri 22-Nov-19 17:48:25

@Butterbean17 How did it all go? X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »