Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Did anyone's periods just...stop altogether?

(10 Posts)
Shakey15000 Sat 30-Dec-17 21:51:51

I'm probably hoping grin

I'm 48, had colorectal/gynae surgery on Oct 3rd, period around the 14th for 3 days and since then nothing. So almost 3 months which I know is nada in the grand scheme of things. Just wondered.

I'm already forgetful, gained weight, mood swings yada yada and will be visiting GP anyway next week for follow up surgery appointment.

Idratherhaveacupoftea Sat 30-Dec-17 22:27:45

Mine did, I had normal periods,then one month I didn't get them and never had another one. I think I was very lucky though, never had hot flushes either.

BlindFaythe Sat 30-Dec-17 22:29:52

This happened to my mum aged 50. Didn't have a period, thought it must be the start of menopause...then never had another period again.

BlindFaythe Sat 30-Dec-17 22:30:31

My mum never had the hot flushes, night sweats etc either. She said she felt a bit flat/low level depressed for a year or so...but she nay really saw it in retrospect.

CremeFresh Sat 30-Dec-17 22:30:58

Mine just stopped too , mind you I'm having horrendous hot sweats , I'm thinking about HRT.

Shakey15000 Sat 30-Dec-17 22:47:27

Ooh more common than I thought then smile

Fingers crossed, could do with something going right for a change!

you watch I'll be flooded next week

HisBetterHalf Sat 13-Jan-18 11:50:58

Mine did and had no other symptoms so thought I had been very lucky. Approx a year later started the hot flushes, months after that the night sweats, sleep pattern up the wall, anxiety, loss of libido. Flushing is only now, and again now libido is back, sleep pattern still all over the place but god have aged about forty years literally over night. I could cry sad

Shakey15000 Sat 13-Jan-18 14:53:40

I did come on the following week hmm

AtlanticWaves Sat 13-Jan-18 14:55:00

My mum said she just stopped....for 11 months then it came back again. She was angry

alwaysthepessimist Mon 22-Jan-18 15:16:16

Mine did - I am now 47, they stopped just before I was 46, have not really suffered with sweats though but my moods have been dreadful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now