Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Perimenopause and pain

(3 Posts)
Kas69 Thu 30-Nov-17 18:20:35

Hi there. Wondered if anyone out there could shed some light on my hormones! Actually I’m sick with worry. I’m 48 and have missed 2 periods. However I still have really sore boobs around the time of my non exsistent cycle. In fact they are more sore than ever. Also I have right ovary pain. I was told years ago I had a cyst on my right ovary. Now my mind is in over drive. I’m pretty sure I’m menopausal, but worried about these symptoms. Anyone put me at ease?! Thanks in advance!

EllenRipley Thu 30-Nov-17 21:22:23

Phantom periods - all the usual cyclical symptoms but no bleed - are def a peri thing. I didn't have cyst problems until peri, I think fluctuating hormones can cause or exacerbate existing gynae probs so it is possible that you have a cyst again. Your GP will do a gynae referral so they can check via a scan if he/she is concerned, often they'll just 'watch and wait' if it doesn't look problematic. Cysts will also cause delayed periods (as will peri!).

PerspicaciaTick Thu 30-Nov-17 21:29:00

Have you done a pregnancy test, just to rule it out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now