Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Five days into starting HRT little update

(12 Posts)
LaGattaNera Wed 29-Nov-17 17:36:35

After 3 years of refusing/worrying/trying to manage without I got exhausted with feeling teary (some days crying maybe 7 times a day), anxious, overwhelmed, unmotivated, like life wasn't worth living, struggling to eat sensibly and not comfort eat, hot flushes, night sweats I started HRT at the weekend.

Early days but am definitely feeling cheerier and more motivated and have got more done in the last few days! Downside so far is a period type pain but hoping it will disappear in the near future. Hope I get all good effects and no awful side effects.

BlessYourCottonSocks Wed 29-Nov-17 17:54:11

Watching with interest because I'm thinking about this myself! Keep us posted.

BG2015 Wed 29-Nov-17 21:26:04

I’m just coming to the end of my 3rd pack of HRT.

It is amazing!!! Hot flushes and night sweats are gone. Mood is better, I feel more positive about everything.

I’ve been given a 6 month prescription for them now.

I’m so glad I didn’t carry on suffering

justme93 Fri 01-Dec-17 11:33:05

I made that call today, waiting for a GP telephone consultation. I want blood tests done and possibly HRT. I can’t sleep for night sweats, I go from happy go lucky to I want to kill you in 60 seconds and my hair has been failing out for over a year now! Periods have been sporadic.. I’m going round the bend quite frankly 🤦‍♀️ interested to see how you get on with HRT

LaGattaNera Fri 01-Dec-17 18:08:10

Almost a week now and the period type pain is continual now and has had me awake early hours of the morning twice now. I know sometimes one gets side effects but walking, sleeping etc everything is affected.
I'm on estradiol gel & utrogestan which is meant to be one of the absolute best ways to take hrt so rather disappointed at the moment.

PollyPerky Fri 01-Dec-17 19:33:51

How much of each are you using each day?

LaGattaNera Fri 01-Dec-17 19:53:59

so far just one pump of the gel one a day (hardly any - as you know PP the lowest dose with a view to upping if needed) as decided after all to do sequi rather than conti so was intending to start the progesterone day 15

PollyPerky Fri 01-Dec-17 20:02:03

I don't know why you have this pain. It may be nothing to do with the gel which is a very low dose. Are you due a period? How long since you had one?

Maybe try 2 pumps? that is the normal dose unless your GP has suggested otherwise.

LaGattaNera Fri 01-Dec-17 20:12:39

last period March 2014. GP said start with one pump and increase over a period of around 3 weeks to 2 pumps. It definitely feels like a period pain but worse - I wondered if the gel was stimulating the lining of my womb as it were. Didn't even have period pains this bad when I was menstruating. Always had light easy periods and no PMS.

PollyPerky Fri 01-Dec-17 20:41:22

Its possible but very tiny dose -0.75mgs a day.

As an experiment you could try taking Utrogestan 100mgs for a few days (normal conti dose) as it would offset the stimulation on the uterus but you might get a very slight bit of bleeding when you stop it.

KaliforniaDreamz Mon 04-Dec-17 09:36:00

When i first started on my Femseven patches i had what i can only describe as pregnancy symptoms and for me that has always included mild period pains along with nausea and breast tenderness.

Itscoldouthere Mon 04-Dec-17 22:28:33

ooh me too, I have taken 5 pills so far. Waiting for results!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now