Talk

Advanced search

What is the difference between perimenopause and the menopause? How do you avoid weight gain? Does the menopause magnet work? And ye gods, tell us how to get a good night's sleep! Luckily Gransnet has put together the most useful tips for navigating those muddy menopausal waters. Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

2 pumps morning, 2 pumps evening of Estrogel- too much to start with ?

(5 Posts)
Wombling123 Sun 12-Nov-17 14:30:01

Hi there ,
I seem to have awful menopause symptoms - fuzzy head, insomnia, anxiety etc . I have been prescribed oestrogel and told to do two pumps in the morning and two in the evening . This seems a lot to me , especially to start off with. Other folks on here seems to be starting at much lower doses ? Is it perhaps to high to start with ? I feel even more spacey (if that's possible). How long will it be until it kicks in and I regain my old fun-filled self as I don't recognise the person who has moved into my brain/body - ha ha.
I look forward to your replies !
xx

PollyPerky Sun 12-Nov-17 17:57:46

Goodness- sounds far too much! I've used it for 10 years and now use between 1.5 and 2 pumps daily. I was told to start with a pea sized amount and work upwards till my flushes etc were controlled. I used 1 pump for about 3 weeks then increased to 2 pumps.
who told you to start with 4 pumps? That's the max dose - 3mgs.

1966gettingold Mon 13-Nov-17 07:20:05

I use one pump a day .....tried upping to two and my breast felt like they where going to explode, got extremely hungry also.

I assume that is with Prof S ?

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Mon 13-Nov-17 18:37:05

I need three pumps to control my symptoms, I know when I have missed a dose! I started with one and worked up over a couple of weeks.

Wombling123 Mon 13-Nov-17 19:05:50

Thanks , I'll try with one a day and work up. But i reread the letter from the consultant (not Prof S) and that's what she said. I feel drugged ! Thanks so much ! xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: