Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

HRT weight gain.

(5 Posts)
Winniethepooer Sun 12-Nov-17 00:38:54

I started Femoston 1/10, 4 weeks ago.

I don't know when to expect a "period' or bleed but i feel so bloated & fat. Almost like PMT.

I can't do my trousers or jeans up. My breasts are bulging out of my bras!

I've always been slim a size 8/10. I dont know what i weigh. This feels really uncomfortable.

I'm really watching what i eat. I do need to increase my exercise, both type & consistency.

Could it be the HRT or just a menopause sympton?

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 12-Nov-17 08:02:03

Not on that type sorry so can’t be of any help but just wanted to offer my sympathies, that sounds really uncomfortable. Hopefully, someone will be along soon with some words of wisdom.

Hassled Sun 12-Nov-17 08:08:38

Go back and see your GP. This is useful NHS link - says that the weight gain is more to do with the menopause than the HRT, but then it does list bloating as a side effect of HRT. There are lots of types of HRT out there - if one isn't suiting you, then there will be another which might.

Emerald13 Sun 12-Nov-17 08:14:22

Hi Winnie! Hope you feel better! I think that your body tries to make estrogen creating more fat cells. Maybe the dose of your estrogen is low for you. I didn't gain any weight, I go to the gym 4 times every week and take care of my diet. Maybe is your diet wrong or you have to increase your activity? Take care! 💐

PollyPerky Sun 12-Nov-17 09:19:03

I've spent a lot of time researching this and all the real valid research shows no link to HRT. what is most likely is that weight gain coincides with lower metabolism as we get older. The only answer is to eat less and exercise more. I have been on HRT for 10 yrs. Not put on any weight due to it, but did put on 5 lbs through eating just that bit too much and had to work hard to lose it- 1000cals a day tops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now