Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

41 and menopausal

(3 Posts)
GeorgieBoy95 Fri 10-Nov-17 17:22:51

I had my third baby when I was 38 and three months later (after a general check up) was told my hormone levels indicated I was approaching menopause. I rarely had periods when I was 39 and 40. Maybe once every four months or so and they were quite light. I now haven't had one since early July. We don't use any birth control as I would have liked another baby (but not actively trying as such).

I feel great otherwise - no health issues at all. Is that it?? I know you're not supposed to have a period for 12 months before officially being menopausal but am I? Fsh very high (60), but oestrogen levels are high too (according to a blood test a few months ago).

I don't have a specific question as such - just wondering if anyone is similar to me?

My mother died before 40. I have two sisters who had babies in their forties - we're not close.

I can accept that I won't have more children - it makes me sad but i know we couldn't afford more anyway.

Jasminedes Fri 10-Nov-17 17:44:43

I'm sorry it was earlier than you would have wanted. Maybe google the NICE guidelines if you have not already been advised or discussed with your GP - HRT is recommended if menopause before 45, for primary prevention of osteoporosis.

Jasminedes Fri 10-Nov-17 17:47:11

I am 45 and meno in full swing after a partial hysterectomy at 40. I feel rubbish, so I hope yours continues symptom free! In retrospect I have felt awful for the last 5 years too and blamed it on other things, but was probably peri.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: