Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Change from hrt to qlaira, is it safer?

(5 Posts)
Emerald13 Mon 06-Nov-17 22:13:50

I wonder if I can change my hrt, I have no severe symptoms, I only feel my hair thinner and I lost my muscle mass. I was thinking if It's a good idea to increase my estrogen and I d like to ask if diogenest, the progestin in qlaira is safer, is a new one. Thank you!

PollyPerky Tue 07-Nov-17 08:42:50

What do you mean by 'safer'? In what respect? Do a bit of googling! In terms of HRT Qlaira won't be included in research as it's a CCP not HRT. You will need to research combined contrac, pills.

Emerald13 Tue 07-Nov-17 21:05:33

Thanks Polly! I just wonder if CCP are safer than hrt, with minimal breast cancer risks. I found ( googling) that diogenest suppress toumor growth in the breast and I'd like to ask if someone have a positive experience with Qlaira as hrt.

PollyPerky Tue 07-Nov-17 22:23:25

My understanding is:

HRT has no risks re BC in young women in peri who have not yet reached the age of average menopause (52.)

It's synthetic progestogens that are linked to BC. THis would apply I assume to both CCP and HRT.

The CCP has a higher level of hormones compared to HRT which is why it's not suitable for women over 50 due to stroke risk.

Emerald13 Wed 08-Nov-17 19:24:45

Thanks again Polly!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now