Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Does this sound like perimenopause?

(3 Posts)
HJBeans Mon 06-Nov-17 13:42:05

I've another thread in general health, but am beginning to wonder if this might be a more appropriate place to post.

I'm 41 and had my second (and last) baby 19 months ago. Got periods back in March after breastfeeding and have been rally screwy since then, including one very long cycle (> 40 days) and two very short ones (17 days, 15 days) interspersed with normal 28ish day ones. Both the very short ones have started with weird brownish purple bleeding but then act like periods. In recent months I've had unexplained weight loss (weight is back on and stable now), bloating/constipation, some light cramping and some morning sickness type nausea. Have had some blood tests done and swabs for infection and all normal. Will be going back to the GP, but wondering if this seems perimenopausal to those who have been there. If so, can it be 'fixed'?

PollyPerky Mon 06-Nov-17 18:43:20

no it doesn't tbh but everyone is different. Usual peri symptoms are irregualr cycles maybe with normal ones in between, night sweats, hot flushes, headache, weight gain.

HJBeans Wed 15-Nov-17 10:25:16

Thanks polly. Have just got blood results back for day 5 hormone check. Estrogen a bit low (I think) and FSH a bit high (I think) - lab said suggestive of ovarian failure but. It conclusive. Have been asked back for 21 day bloods, though last cycle was 14 day so only and I'm already cramping again on day 10. Does this sound consistent with peri or are there other things I should be worrying about?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now