Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Bleeding on the 4th day of Utrogestan

(5 Posts)
Discoisabelle Tue 31-Oct-17 21:03:33

Evening all, hoping someone could help me with their knowledge/experience.
I use 3 pumps of Oestrodose per day with 200mg Utrogestan vaginally 12 days per month. I am on my 4th day of Utro and started bleeding, same as a period. A bit puzzled, (cannot speak to anyone at the surgery as Meno Lady 'on leave' and no one else knows about Menopause matters). Should i continue Utrogestan ? If yes why should i ? If i have a period the lining is shedding so i wouldn't need to continue the progesterone phase or should i ? Also, since i am taking Utro vaginally, how am i going to continue it if i am bleeding ? How do you do it ? Do you decide to take it orally ? I am reluctant to use oral route as ladies experience more side effects apparently, and i have my share of side effects these days ! Your answers much appreciated.

PollyPerky Wed 01-Nov-17 12:44:15

That's a very early bleed. Are you still peri? It could be your own cycle kicking in. If not then yes, in any case, you need to carry on with the full number of days (I asked my consultant about this as I sometimes bleed by day 8 or 9. The lining is breaking down, yes, but Utrogestan also affects the structure of the lining, presumably even though some of it coming away (but it's also being built up all the time because you are taking estrogen daily.)

If you are using it vaginally I think I'd take it orally for the rest of the cycle. You could use it as a suppository (I think it's also used that way!)

Discoisabelle Wed 01-Nov-17 15:33:30

Ah Polly ! Thanks for answering, i was definitely peri when i started HRT 3 months ago so i guess i still am, so if that's the case and my own cycle is still kicking in, it must be quite powerful is it not ? Therefore my own progesterone has done its job so why should i carry on taking it ? Forgive me for my persistence only i am trying to make sense of it all,( and yes of course i could use it as a suppository i had forgotten i could do that.)

PollyPerky Wed 01-Nov-17 17:35:01

You cant be 100% sure it's your own cycle thoughtit's likely but you should keep on with all the Utro which will eventually help set you a regular HRT cycle.

Discoisabelle Wed 01-Nov-17 20:43:03

Polly thank you for your advice, it makes sense, i shall continue Utro.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now