Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

femoston1/10 advice please

(6 Posts)
ProperLavs Wed 25-Oct-17 12:28:37

I am on my first packet of this and am about to enter the last week of the packet so into progesterone territory.
For the first 2 or so weeks I realised I was feeling much better. I felt calmer and quite cheerful, it was really great. Now I am feeling absolutely awful; am restless and angry and crying a lot. Is this normal? Will have have to pt up with this every month or should things settle down?
I know this sounds stupid but I wish I didn't have to take the progesterone . Is there any hrt that won't do this?
Thanks

ProperLavs Wed 25-Oct-17 18:29:16

anyone?

LineysRun Wed 25-Oct-17 18:34:31

Yes, same here, though I'm on Evorel patches.

I've a phone appointment booked with my GP to ask for the progesterone to be changed (from norethisterone) to the one PollyPerky uses (Utrogestan) - although may well be pre-tempted by a gynae appointment to discuss hysterectomy because of a fibroid problem that isn't going to go away.

ProperLavs Wed 25-Oct-17 18:41:42

Thank you for replying! I am honestly wondering if this is worth the chilled outness I had for the first 2 weeks. I feel possessed, this is worse than any pmt I have ever had. I would get a bit bad tempered with pmt but I never cried and I never felt depressed and hopeless.sad

LineysRun Wed 25-Oct-17 18:49:01

Honestly I'd pack it in, and ask for GP for an alternative. You shouldn't have to feel like that.

LineysRun Wed 25-Oct-17 18:51:12

Btw have you looked at the website Menopause Matters? It's very good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now