Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Very late period

(7 Posts)
scrabble1 Wed 25-Oct-17 11:51:00

My period is 8 days late and I'm feeling confused. Always been regular. I've also lost my voice and feeling drained. Could this be perimenopause? I'm 46

LaurieFairyCake Fri 27-Oct-17 08:00:09

I’m in the same boat for the first time. I have had a period app on my phone for a decade and I am never late.

So yes, I’m sure it’s the start for me. I already get hot very quickly, I’m like a boiled mushroom during the night where I get up and throw the window open or go outside. I sleep maybe 5 hours a night, can’t go back to sleep after getting up for a wee.

I’m a bit weepy/grumpy too and I’m struggling with being hugged.

So flowers to you and me

redspec Thu 02-Nov-17 08:43:42

I'll join the 46 and late club!
I also struggle with sleep.
Hoping it's the menopause and not for any other reason shock

LaurieFairyCake Thu 02-Nov-17 09:01:22

Mine ended up being 9 days late! Totally crap, don’t want this every month or I’m going to be wearing sanitary towels constantly

PollyPerky Thu 02-Nov-17 12:48:24

I had a very late peri - no period changes till I was 51 ish when my cycles got shorter ( 26 days rather than 28-29) but then I had a couple of short cycles- 17 days- missed a couple of cycles, a few more normal cycles, missed 4 cycles, one more period then that was it- though might have had another a year later but was on HRT so not sure.

I took to wearing panty liners daily or something more substantial once I was more than half way through a cycle , especially if I was out and about.

picklemepopcorn Thu 02-Nov-17 13:07:32

The moon cup and washable pads are your friend. My periods are all over the shop these days, and wearing a comfy washable pad makes me feel much more secure.

scrabble1 Thu 02-Nov-17 17:52:19

I have no other symptoms apart from puffy ankles. It's very frustrating. I might try some natural progesterone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now