Talk

Advanced search

What is the difference between perimenopause and the menopause? How do you avoid weight gain? Does the menopause magnet work? And ye gods, tell us how to get a good night's sleep! Luckily Gransnet has put together the most useful tips for navigating those muddy menopausal waters. Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Wild facial hair

(31 Posts)
Scotsmum2017 Fri 20-Oct-17 20:32:23

Ok, touchy subject... I am 40 and am so aware of hairs appearing over my chin/upper lip, I’m blonde so never really been a thing before. The tash can get waxed, but what about the chin/jaw area, wax, shave.....help!!!

mineofuselessinformation Fri 20-Oct-17 20:38:09

Love your title!
I'm in the regular plucking camp.

Scotsmum2017 Fri 20-Oct-17 20:53:08

I think I’m growing a goatee, have been plucking, but seems uncontrollable. Think it might be my revenge of being fair and the “excess hair” never being an issue!!! Looking at my face in bright light and think I could compete (and win) against my teenage son! What is happening to my face....does shaving seem random??!!!1

justdontevenfuckingstart Fri 20-Oct-17 20:56:04

I shave every morning, if I didn't I would have a beard. Little clusters of hair that seem to get worse every week!
God I can't believe I wrote that.
I have always been hairy, gets worse and worse (42)

Kenworthington Fri 20-Oct-17 21:03:55

Oh god I’m the same justdonteven. I hate myself for doing it, I think it’s making it worse. I started it when I started having it lasered a few years ago and had to shave it in between. Not had any more laserinf but locked into bloody shaving it now. I dread to think what if Look like if I became ill and couldn’t do it 😩 it’s srubbly again within hours (can feel it) but visible if I miss a day. I’m 42 too

justdontevenfuckingstart Fri 20-Oct-17 21:06:48

oh yes Ken I have 5 o clock shadow. Sometimes at work I spot a few and just want to hide for the rest of the day!
I will just carry on, it's going to be part of the daily routine from now on.

Kenworthington Fri 20-Oct-17 21:08:15

Awful isn’t it. My house is quite dark so I often don’t spot them til I’m out. Which is embarrassing.

HamSandWitches Fri 20-Oct-17 21:09:55

Same here, as soon as I hit 40 I seem to have started to grow a beard and my eyebrows seem to be sprouting on my forehead. It's awful as I am dark. Was looking at one of those Epistick in Boots but I'd anyone who has tried them before I waste £20, the reviews are mixed.

HamSandWitches Fri 20-Oct-17 21:11:20

* IDK anyone who has tried them

fairyofallthings Fri 20-Oct-17 21:11:55

If it's any consolation it's not going to be long before they go grey and are less visible sad

Mutant, ginger inch long eye brow hairs on the other hand....

justdontevenfuckingstart Fri 20-Oct-17 21:13:15

Yes Ken We have lots of mirrors and bright lighting at work and then I realise I look like Brian Blessed!

justdontevenfuckingstart Fri 20-Oct-17 21:14:25

I'm still trying to pluck up the courage to buy those nose hair wax removers because yes, they're there too.

Kenworthington Fri 20-Oct-17 21:15:52

I’ve got something that looks a bit like this. It’s really good. It takes batteries. It’s just a bit less harsh than an actual razor . Sorry just had to screenshot it

HamSandWitches Fri 20-Oct-17 21:18:00

Wait till you get one on your nipple, just one lone long black hair, I tweezer it out but it grows back. I just hope I don't start sprouting a full on hairy chest next

Lanaorana2 Fri 20-Oct-17 21:19:36

They're all made of that stuff that sticks price tags to clothes if you ask me, nylon unbreakable wire.

Epilate them to fuck, the little beast. Epilating is less demoralising and faster than any other removal method, and they grow back slower.

Kenworthington Fri 20-Oct-17 21:19:39

Wait what..Doesn’t EVERYONE get hairs on their nipples?

MayhemandMadness01 Fri 20-Oct-17 21:20:27

I have the fine white downy hair with a couple of clusters of dark spikey. Nightly plucking here for the spikey ones and i have one of those springy epi sticks as well for the finer hair.

Do those No No's on the telly work?

justdontevenfuckingstart Fri 20-Oct-17 21:20:43

Oh I have that too!
So unfair also that oh who is a fair bit older than me has hair falling off everywhere and mine is flourishing! I envy his shiny shins.

Gingernaut Fri 20-Oct-17 21:28:29

I shave. blush

Hair's too light for IPL. sad

Scotsmum2017 Fri 20-Oct-17 21:31:38

You’ve made my night people, not only do I feel part of a team of “hair renagades” I have discovered that this over-active hair production will get worse! Going out tomorrow, will see how the light is shining in the bathroom and decide should I shave or not...I am actually turning into a man...thanks Mother Nature...

Kenworthington Fri 20-Oct-17 21:33:19

Dd once asked me when she was very little if I liked being a lady because I was growing a teeny weeny beard. Thanbks dd

ScarlettDarling Fri 20-Oct-17 21:37:48

You need one of epilators.

Cost a loud a quid on eBay and Amazon so you can keep on in your bag, one in the car etc. They rip the hairs out at the root. Totally quick and easy!

ScarlettDarling Fri 20-Oct-17 21:38:24

about a quid, not a loud!

Scotsmum2017 Fri 20-Oct-17 23:58:22

Had a lovely look, I am going to give this a try! Thank you xx

Scotsmum2017 Fri 20-Oct-17 23:59:05

Not lovely (???!!), autocorrect is my worst nightmare!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: