Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

What do you do when all you want to do is cry?

(4 Posts)
Igglepigglehadasplat Sun 08-Oct-17 23:12:32

Any coping strategies? Most of the time I am much better now I am on high strength oestrogen patches and I have a coil as well. I am now 41. I feel as though my hormones are still doing something as I am getting a day or 2 every month or 2 where I just want to cry or am in such a bad mood that I am struggling to act normally. Feels worse than PMT. I was on venlafaxine initially while going through several different HRT combinations and strengths to find what seems to work best and didn't like the way I felt on it and don't want to take anything like it again

Emerald13 Mon 09-Oct-17 06:01:11

I feel the same, in tears all the time...I try to continue my life but I feel old, sad and cheated. I m 42. I think that the only way to cope is to accept the reality and go on. I'm on hrt too but nothing is the same. I also afraid of premature aging and feel lonely. I try to find a hug from my husband and my mum to feel better...and discuss it with a few good friends...hope it helps. Take care! 🌺

CrabappleCake Mon 09-Oct-17 06:36:05

I switched HRT, It helped. Also Agnus castus.

Discoisabelle Mon 09-Oct-17 09:47:31

I am guessing fluctuations of hormone levels could be the culprit especially at 41, also you say you tried many different types of HRT, did you give them long enough before deciding to come off them ? emotional lows leave us vulnerable , and if this happens regularly it is a good time for you to decide on a personal plan of action so you are not left overwhelmed each time you feel low and so as to avoid to 'fall deeper' if that makes sense. Whilst you are waiting for HRT to help your regular low moods (because it does help), i would suggest that you accept where you're at, surrender to it, don't fight against it as it will worsen your mood, ride with it by using coping strategies that suit your personality (this is the important bit). Anything that makes you feel good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now