Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

can you tell me about your experiences with Femoston?

(5 Posts)
ProperLavs Wed 04-Oct-17 18:38:04

I'm 50, regular periods, few physic al symptoms, if any, but feel constantly exhausted and foggy headed.
My gp has rather reluctantly agreed to try me on something- my regular periods out her off. I am very sensitive to any meds so she said I should try Femoston at the lowest dose.
I have to week another week until my period starts apparently, before i start.
Of course ion that week i will talking myself out of it all.
Please can anyone tell me of their experiences-warts and all?

Discoisabelle Wed 04-Oct-17 20:50:17

I started Femoston 1/10mg almost 3 months ago, i had started like you, tired, foggy headed, then more symptoms started, lack of sleep, anxiety, low mood, flushes and very bad joint and muscle pains. I haven't experienced any bad side effects at all, this is a very well tolerated HRT apparently. So after one month i realised i slept perfectly well, full of beans, fog had lifted, no hot flushes, all symptoms went, i was delighted. The downside is that my joint and muscle aches are far worse after 3 months, i have started losing my hair, noticed it 3 weeks ago so not happy about that, however i believe i do not have enough oestrogen, the dosage of femoston is too low, i am going for a review to increase dosage. But for your symptoms i am pretty sure it will work perfectly for you as you are starting it early. My only regret is that i didn't start HRT earlier, i am convinced joint aches wouldn't have gone so worse. So overall, it's thumbs up for Femoston 1/100mg, all the best !

ProperLavs Wed 04-Oct-17 20:59:53

Thank you for sharing. Loss of hair?. I could not cope with that!! Could it be that it's due to not having enough oestrogen rather than the pills themselves?

Discoisabelle Wed 04-Oct-17 21:20:43

Yes this is what i think too so i shall not panic until i get a higher dosage, Fingers crossed too !

rhubarblover Thu 05-Oct-17 22:59:15

I have been on Femoston for quite a while now. It certainly works for me, and no side effects that I have noticed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now