Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Macca

(7 Posts)
Jultay Fri 29-Sep-17 12:50:18

Has anybody had any experience of Macca powder or capsules for the menopause please x

Discoisabelle Fri 29-Sep-17 15:25:47

Yes i have been taking maca powder for the last 2 years, i posted on here about it before as i wanted to tell ladies who suffer from hot flushes and night sweats that they do wonders for me, they started working after 10 days, all sweats disappeared, also i felt less overwhelmed but not 100%. I take the 5.1 gelatinised Maca root capsules from Rainforest (i buy them from Amazon), they worked perfectly for me, hope they work for you. We are so different, i tried Sage capsules or other stuff at the time and nothing worked. I don't think many ladies know about Maca root, i am glad you came across them and i really hope they work for you as they literally saved me from insanity !

Oxfordblue Sun 08-Oct-17 23:05:08

I've got some maca power & have just started taking it, just 1 tsp at the mo, maybe I should increase it.

Discoisabelle Mon 09-Oct-17 09:33:08

Depends what you are trying to 'treat' ? You can take maximum dose to start with (as no side effects), wait for a month and see if it works. Doesn't work for everyone apparently but worked a treat for me.

PollyPerky Mon 09-Oct-17 10:54:33

with any alternative treatments, it's worth searching google or google scholar, for any research that's been done. A few anecdotal reports from posters aren't enough to replace scientific research. All drugs and treatments- even prescription meds- have a 30% placebo effect. In addition, during peri meno hormones change hourly/ daily/ weekly, so it's pretty much impossible to know if something that hasn't been trialled scientifically, works.

Oxfordblue Mon 09-Oct-17 23:50:22

What do you recommend Pollyperky?
I feel you're a fan of HRT?

PollyPerky Tue 10-Oct-17 08:35:30

If you want to try Macca, try it. I'm not anti other things but you need to research it - the only trial I can find online is one with 20 people in it- so far too small to be valid.

HRT works but it depends what your symptoms are. If they aren't too troublesome then you might help them with lifestyle changes- diet and exercise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now