Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

30th day of period - could it be menopause?

(6 Posts)
VanellopeVonSchweetz99 Sun 09-Jul-17 18:39:31

44 years soon, came off microgynon pill six months ago, period was always like clockwork even when I've not been on the pill. I'm obese but otherwise healthy. I'm currently reducing my antidepressants (citalopram) very slowly. Have also been taking over-the counter hay fever pills and sudofed for blocked nose. Have had medium to light flow for 30 days straight now and it's getting annoying to say the least. Any ideas please?

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 Sun 09-Jul-17 18:41:40

P.S: The period before was the heaviest I've ever had but normal only 5 days (but that would be long for me normally). Not sexually active.
Thank you!

RubyJack Sun 09-Jul-17 18:46:49

I have been bleeding for 8 weeks now.I assumed to do with menopause.Blood tests have shown this not to be the case.
I now have to have a scan and tests for fibroids or other causes.
Worth you having a blood test to find out.

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 Sun 09-Jul-17 18:56:43

Thanks Ruby I really appreciate that. Hope you're feeling OK. Have you had much pain? I can't say I have.

RubyJack Mon 10-Jul-17 23:05:21

No not pain as such just really inconvenient having to "sort myself out" all the time.
I have applintments at the hospital in August so hopefully will get sorted then
Make sure you get yourself checked out!

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 Mon 10-Jul-17 23:43:49

Best of luck and thank you so much for the replies. I didn't even know there was such a thing as fibroids, have done some reading now and apparently weight can be a factor so I'm preparing for yet another diet and GP telling me off. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now