Talk

Advanced search

What is the difference between perimenopause and the menopause? How do you avoid weight gain? Does the menopause magnet work? And ye gods, tell us how to get a good night's sleep! Luckily Gransnet has put together the most useful tips for navigating those muddy menopausal waters. Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Final Periods

(3 Posts)
user1499539117 Sat 08-Jul-17 19:45:40

Any ladies post menopause like to say how their periods ended. Mine are so light they are hardly noticeable - only need a panty liner. Also how old were you when you had your last period?

DubaiismyBlackpool Sat 08-Jul-17 19:49:45

I was 46 and had really heavy periods for about 4 years - so heavy I would spend the first 3 days housebound. My final period, was just as heavy, but I was very hormonal. I genuinely thought I was going mad.

It's such a relief not having the worry!

PollyPerky Sat 08-Jul-17 20:37:59

Mine petered out over about 18 months- never had heavy periods ever and from about 51 they lasted only 3 days (light.)
I missed one or two cycles age 52 then had a few regular cycles, then a 4-month gap and maybe one final light one aged almost 53.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: