Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

FFS - Sore nipples: really?!!

(4 Posts)
PacificDogwod Sat 17-Jun-17 15:15:15

I am 51.
Perimenopausal for the last couple of years or so.
I've had 2 periods in the last 12 months.

In the last 2 weeks I have had The Most Tender Nipples - like having a poorly latched baby trying to BF on you: ouch!
Swollen, sore breasts, could not bear to towel dry myself after a shower etc. But interestingly no hot flushes in bed... <the plot thickens>

Well, it's all better now as my period arrived yesterday.
FFS. Bastard hormones!
I really thought I was past this grin

SafeToCross Sat 17-Jun-17 15:43:37

I seem to have the tender nipple-itis too...i keep catching them on things like the shower door (which never happened before)

PacificDogwod Sat 17-Jun-17 18:11:33

Oh, I am cringing in sympathy!

I have never had much bother with sore boobs and certainly not nipples when my cycle was still v regular.

Well, I am not complaining: now that I know what it was all about, I am quite reassured, and I don't actually have that much else in the way of troublesome symptoms.
Nocturnal spontaneous combustion danger from heat notwithstanding grin

ShebaQueen Sat 17-Jun-17 20:23:39

Same for me! I've had no periods for 18 months then last week I felt really grumpy and out of sorts with really sore nipples and hey presto a period arrived. I've been lucky in terms of menopause symptoms but I really thought that no period for 18 months meant I was done.

As for the heat aaaarrrggh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now