Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

When will I bleed?

(7 Posts)
inaclearingstandsaboxer Thu 08-Jun-17 00:08:02

I have been on Femoston 1/10 for over three weeks - only got four of the grey tablets left - will I have a period soon? What if I don't have one?

I haven't had a period since last January and was June 2016 the one before that.

PollyPerky Thu 08-Jun-17 08:06:25

Is there not a leaflet in the pack explaining this? Did your dr not tell you?

If not.....the pack mimics a natural fertile cycle. After the progestogen tablets have been taken, you should bleed roughly 3 days later.

inaclearingstandsaboxer Thu 08-Jun-17 09:22:18

I have taken 10 of the progesterone tablets so far and no bleed... Is this ok/normal?

inaclearingstandsaboxer Thu 08-Jun-17 09:23:28

Ok .... I get it now... I have to take all of the grey pills then I will start to bleed...

ALaughAMinute Sun 11-Jun-17 13:09:10

I started taking Femoston at almost the same time as you.

I started a fairly heavily bleed a couple of days ago when I had two of the grey pills left. As much as I'm not happy to have a heavy bleed, Femoston is working very well for me so I hope this is just a temporary problem because I don't think I could stand to have a heavy period every month.

inaclearingstandsaboxer Mon 12-Jun-17 20:32:41

I started the second pack today and no bleed ... It's a bit of a waiting game!

I have had to buy in sanitary ware as I only have two periods a year normally and I didn't have any in my drawer..

PollyPerky Mon 12-Jun-17 20:46:11

Not all women bleed. 15-20% never bleed. You don't have to bleed. if you don't it means the lining is being kept thin anyway and you may - if you still have symptoms- need a higher dose.
However the bleed usually comes 2-3 days after the last tablet- so plenty of time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now