Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Anyone else not quite peri but getting worse pms

(6 Posts)
Handbaghag Sat 27-May-17 11:56:07

I'm 43, still have a regular cycle but in the last 10 years have had problems with anxiety and depression. I'm on meds now which 5 years ago wiped out any low moods but now am noticing I feel unhappy/angry/upset in the second half of my cycle. This PMS is a new thing for me. Anyone else relate?

Joto369 Sat 27-May-17 12:41:28

Hi handbaghag - 48 still regular but with definite peri symptoms of which one is much worse pms which sometimes also happens mid cycle or after period!

Rinkydinkypink Thu 01-Jun-17 05:12:11

I'm only 39 but been keeping a mood diary due to issues around anxiety and panic. Seems I can pinpoint to the day and time of day when they are likely to hit! 7 days pre period it begins to spiral including sore boobs, bloating food cravings etc. Day 6 pre period the panic begins, then insomnia, night sweats...these increase till period starts (emotional sweaty, panicking heap of a woman. Almost unrecognisable!) after 2 days of headaches like migraine and nausea to the point of being sick my period begins by spotting! I can tell when because it's straight after a two hour session of lunacy, snot, tears and a sense of losing the plot. Day 2 and emotional melt down. The tears come and don't stop. Weeks 2-3 I feel normal, rational and manage well. These symptoms are increasing and at times feel uncontrollable. My DM had to get hrt at 42 due to mood. I was an early developer.

GP doesn't believe me. Thinks I'm neurotic and that if I lost weight it would magically disappear. I've tried to lost weight but it adds to the the stress. I've started running but my energy levels hit the floor for 2 weeks out of 4 and I get viruses a plenty after running lots (don't understand this bit yet).

chubbytubbybyebye Thu 01-Jun-17 06:12:59

This is me. I've been logging my symptoms and periods for the past 2 years, get blood test every year and still not. I'm 42 and have never had pms before. Its horrible. Im having a scan of my ovaries etc next week as my period pains are back like when I was 16 curled up in a ball in agony.

Joto369 Thu 01-Jun-17 06:44:34

Exactly how I have been! My GP was unhelpful too - sadly a lot are. Blood tests are unreliable because it depends when they are taken. If you haven't visited the website menopause matters please do! It's a brilliant source of information. In the end I paid for a private consultation and eas confirmed perimenopausal without blood tests and having no hot flushes and regular periods!!!!! HRT prescription straight away. I also take vit d and magnesium. Watch your diet, exercise and keep hydrated but above all get informed and go back to your gp. There's other things that can be done even if it's not HRT😊😊

Rinkydinkypink Thu 01-Jun-17 11:15:14

Yes yes to increased pain as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now