Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Femoston and feeling rubbish

(3 Posts)
ZiggyForever Wed 24-May-17 15:09:39

Hi everyone - I'm 37 but have premature ovarian failure and have been experiencing menopausal symptoms for almost a year (bouts of hot flushes, missing periods, mood swings etc.) It all got too much for me and I went to the doctor last Friday (19th) - he put me on the lower dose Femoston and also took some blood to check my thyroid, liver function, LH/FSH etc.

I had a call from the surgery on Monday to say that my white blood cell count is low and I need to go back for another test in 4 weeks to see if it's improved. No other results were mentioned so they must be as expected.

Thing is, I feel absolutely rubbish. I'm tired and drained. I've developed a slight sore throat (I can see it's a bit red, not too bad though) and I've been really headachey.

Is this likely to be the HRT? Or the low white blood cell issue?

PollyPerky Wed 24-May-17 17:00:11

I'm sorry to hear you have POF.

But a few days is not time enough to feel the benefits of HRT. They say give it at least 3 months. Your feeling rubbish is probably because you need oestrogen and it's going to take a good few weeks to build up in your system - not 5 days.

Sounds as if you a virus that's making you feel poorly.

You might also need a higher dose of HRT than 1mgs if that's what you are on. At your age you should be on 2mgs.

ZiggyForever Wed 24-May-17 17:19:03

Hi Polly - thank you for responding; I knew I wouldn't feel any benefits of HRT yet but thought it might be linked to feeling so wiped out. Must be a virus as you say.

All I want to do is sleep sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now