Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Get patches

(5 Posts)
Hotheadwheresthecoldbath Mon 22-May-17 15:06:24

I've just started on oestrogen patches,they worked very quickly,all hot sweats,flushing gone BUT they don't stay on very long.I have tried tagaderm on top but your list as soon as one edge curls.Have had only one last a week the others between1-3 days.Any ideas hints or is it pills for me?

funmummy48 Mon 22-May-17 15:13:54

Don't put them on straight after a shower, wait until your skin has cooled down. Also, make sure you smooth the patch down flat all over when it goes on otherwise the tiniest of corners can snag on your knickers when you pull them down! 😉

Peevedtoday Sun 28-May-17 11:53:19

Hi OP, I use Opsite Flexigrid rather than tagaderm. Still have to be careful to smooth the edges, and fun's tip about waiting til your skin cools is spot on. Opsite I think has better glue. The glue washes off easily with soap and water though! I buy off amazon, at about £5.50 a pack of rectangular opsite flexigrid dressings, 6x7 cm size works for me. Good luck.

PollyPerky Sun 28-May-17 14:04:51

I don't use patches but have read about women using a low heat hairdryer in order to help them stick.

Hotheadwheresthecoldbath Sat 17-Jun-17 01:42:51

My GP has changed them to evorel50 which you use 2 per week.The weekly ones didn't stay on and if they did stopped working about day 5 so I'm hot and bothered tonight waiting for these to kick in.
I seem to be lucky with my GP, I'm 57 and asked if I would have to stop at 60,she said there was no reason to if I was happy and understood the slight risk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now