Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Kliofem.....anyone else?

(10 Posts)
PrudenceDear Tue 16-May-17 23:46:52

After what seems like forever, I've just started on kliofem today.
Anyone else? Or anyone any experience of it?

My last period was almost 15 months ago but had been every 11 months for a couple of years. Hot flushes have come and gone over the years but have been back for about 7 months now. More recently I've had several episodes of anxiety and I get lots of aches and pains so hoping this will help.

Now I need to overhaul the diet!!
I'm 44 btw

Mc180768 Sat 20-May-17 22:37:57

I was on kliofem for 10 weeks having been period-free for 18 months.

I was not keen on the bleeding and cramping I suffered for 5 weeks. I stopped taking it at week 10.

I am going cold turkey without HRT. Managing with diet and exercise.

It will be interesting to see how you get on with it, OP. It may well work for you. Will you update this thread, please?

Good luck and you are quite young for being post-meno. I started peri at age 36. It was pure hell for 12 years.

PrudenceDear Sun 21-May-17 20:39:37

Thanks Mc
So did you start bleeding around 5 weeks in? I'm really hoping to avoid but seems it's probable with a conti. I have a job where it's very difficult to escape to the loos when necessary and I'm quite worried that I may bleed heavily.
I feel a bit crampy already but only slightly.
I started peri around 36 too but didn't realise until about 4 years in. Just thought I was going mad!
Six days in and I don't feel any different so far although possibly less hot flushes.

Munchyseeds Sun 21-May-17 20:52:08

Hi
I have been taking it now for 8 months after no period for over a year.. I did have some fairly heavy bleeding for the first 2 months ( for the last 2 weeks of each pack) but nothing since then. The hot flushes and sweats stopped in less than 10 days.
My periods had been getting further apart since turning 40 so on the young side of normal....I am hoping that taking it will be good for my bone health!

Mc180768 Sun 21-May-17 20:59:54

Hello Prudence,

First bleed was two weeks in. Then a break. Then flooding for almost a month. My work too disables me from running to the loo regularly.

It is unavoidable, but the sweats went. Cramps started within days. I may well have not given it long enough to settle, but I could not stand it any longer. I lead on projects and I received a bloody complaint about me at work. I would rather keep my job than have no night sweats.

Wishing you well with it. Oh me too - peri was awful for me. But now I feel much better back to flashes and no periods. GP sending me for a bone scan as I am going without HRT to check bone density.

I guess it depends on symptoms and what is best for each woman in terms of medical benefits from HRT. I really hope you settle down on it.

PrudenceDear Sun 21-May-17 21:14:45

Thanks ladies, I will prepare myself then for a bleed in about a weeks time. Will be a shock to the system!
I did take a months worth of elleste last year but couldn't remember where I'd put the other 2 packs so stopped taking them. I didn't get a bleed then.
I'm taking them mostly for my bone health. Although the sweats are annoying and often embarrassing. I get quite bad anxiety from time to time and a lot of aches and pains which I'm hoping for some relief from.

Mc I can't believe someone would complain about you? For using the loo too often?

Mc180768 Sun 21-May-17 21:26:20

Haha. No for being a right bitch. Had to go through a right HR review.

I have always had cringe worthy period pains. To be without them for 18 months was bliss. To medically give them back to me seemed counter-productive.

Swings and roundabouts I guess. Bone health is so important and HRT is beneficial for this.

PrudenceDear Sun 21-May-17 21:54:46

Oh no!! Haha!!! I've always had awful periods too! Luckily I've always held it together at work but I only work 10 days a month, although towards the end I'm usually struggling!! It's at home that I struggled the most. With 3 very young children and no one other than DH to help or for support it's been tough.
I definitely feel a bit crampy. Like the ovaries are starting to twist in a vain effort to squeeze a last egg out....

Mc180768 Sun 21-May-17 22:05:37

Oh I feel your pain right now. The memories. Our bodies are amazing aren't they? Keep trying to give us one last opportunity...

Coping with children and peri? I can only imagine. Mine are grown up so nothing like that for me.

PrudenceDear Sun 21-May-17 23:20:38

Not even children - all 3 were under 2 years when peri started. Was also kindly 'gifted' a moody teenager who slept or flounced until DH pulled onto driveway at which point she sprung into action!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now