Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Elleste duet 1mg hrt

(6 Posts)
Tammy1967 Wed 26-Apr-17 14:08:34

Just started taking this has anyone got any views or advice they can give me that have tried it thanks

Sarahc1234 Thu 04-May-17 21:03:50

I have been taking for approx six weeks and no sign of the monthly bleed I was preparing for.... wasn't sure if this is normal... hot flushes are down to a minimum though and feel much better in myself

ALaughAMinute Fri 12-May-17 20:14:58

How's it going OP?

I was prescribed these by my GP today but I'm too scared to take them.

Pleased to hear they are working for you Sarahc.

lesley2110 Sat 20-May-17 11:28:09

Hi all smile
I have been taking Elleste Duet 1mg for 14 days now, so still on the white tabs. Has anyone else noticed that they feel more anxious on these? I am 50 and my only symptoms really were feeling achy in the mornings and being tearful......feeling it's all over? periods about 4-6 months apart since oct last year, before then they were every 28 days . No hot sweats to speak of .....now though I seem to be constantly anxious?? Help sad

ALaughAMinute Sat 20-May-17 13:39:52

Fear not, if Elleste Duet is not the right medication for you, there will be a solution for you. My mood improved within a few days but from what I have read most people don't see an improvement for at least a couple of months.

I hope someone more knowledgeable comes along to reassure you soon.

UnwiseOldElf Mon 22-May-17 14:53:56

Hi there, Tammy. I've been on Elleste Duet for eight months but am about to come off. I'm perimenopausal and the severe hot flushes (drenches!) were really interfering with daily living. I also have had mystery joint pains since DD1 was born 12 years ago. My GP thought HRT might sort both problems out for me, but no. I think I'm one of the unlucky ones: very very heavy bleeding (flooding), bloating, water retention, breast tenderness and weight gain. On the upside (?!) no more hot flushes.

So I'm taking a break. On balance I prefer the sweats and joint pains to the catalogue of new symptoms. GP and I have agreed I'll take six months off and then see. But everyone is different - so they might work brilliantly for you. I hope so!

Lesley, I found I had anxiety on the green pills (like very bad PMT) but not on the white. But as ALaughAMinute says there will be a solution for you even if it turns out not to be Elleste Duet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now