Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Bleed for 25 days plus, should I stop HRT

(7 Posts)
KourtneyKardashian Sun 23-Apr-17 16:40:59

I was prescribed Eloine back in a February following a consultants visit.

1st pack (23 tablets) - all fine, felt amazing.
2nd pack - 17th day start bleeding and haven't stopped
3rd pack - now 21 days in and still bleeding.

I've tried to get hold of consultant but no success yet. Will call again this week.

I'm now thinking just stop taking them. I've got an outbreak of spots on my chin area which is clearly hormonal, so the HRT can't be right for me (although mood wise, a bit better)

So not to dripfeed, I'm in my mid 30's and have been in early menopause for a number of years untreated.

KourtneyKardashian Sun 23-Apr-17 19:52:25

Bump

FlouncingInTheRain Sun 23-Apr-17 19:56:22

Sounds pretty grim. After one of my miscarriages I had very prolonged bleeding and the gp prescribed something that stopped it. I was also prescribed iron tablets because ended up anemic.

Would your GP be worth contacting to get some advice?

KourtneyKardashian Sun 23-Apr-17 21:37:21

Thinking that might be the next thing Flouncing. Makes sense really, they may be able to get in touch with consultant too.

I hate bothering Gp's, I never feel like my issue is urgent compared to others.

FlouncingInTheRain Sun 23-Apr-17 21:44:53

My cousin is a GP. He talked to me about two bad kinds of patients those who google and think every tiny thing is a serious condition and get very concerned about ti. Those who dismiss everything and don't ever bother going and getting things sorted when really they know its now time.

I very very rarely go. When i do I always appologise. The thing is its not wasting their time to get this checked. You are not getting the results you expected and they may well be able to do something to help improve things.

PollyPerky Mon 24-Apr-17 17:38:44

I had to google Eloine- never heard of it.
It's not HRT. it's a birth control pill.
Some younger women having prem menopause are offered BC pills instead of HRT.

You need to go back to the consultant and discuss all forms of supplementation for someone in your age bracket.

My understanding is that BC pills are sometimes given to younger women as they have higher levels of hormones compared to HRT.

KourtneyKardashian Mon 24-Apr-17 23:21:51

Thanks flounce and polly. Couldn't get in gp today as not priority, will try tomorrow.

Polly - sounds right. Without outing myself, I'm an unusual case, but fits with what you've said 😉

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now