Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Eek! Run out of HRT Progesterone. Should I remove my oestrogen patch?

(3 Posts)
Draylon Sat 22-Apr-17 17:30:52

My careful calculations went awry and I managed to lose a couple of Utrogestan 100 tablets, so I got a new script which I took to the pharmacy yesterday, but I had to go without a tablet last night (Fri) knowing I'd be picking up the new prescription this afternoon after work. But the pharmacy was closed! So I won't be able to take my tablet til Monday evening at the earliest.

My question is- should I remove my oestrogen (Estradot 50mg/24hour) patch, which I change twice a week?

Or am I mahoosively overreacting? grin

PollyPerky Sat 22-Apr-17 19:54:03

You are massively overreacting grin

Do you take them daily or for 12-14 days a month? Conti or sequi HRT? Assume it's conti (daily) or you'd be taking 2 x 100mgs daily for a number of days on sequi.

Either way there is no need to stop the oestrogen- why would you?

What you can expect though is some breakthrough bleeding by Monday perhaps because once progesterone is withdrawn the lining starts to break down.

Draylon Sun 23-Apr-17 10:20:31

Thanks!

It's continuous HRT, and I shall 'be aware' on Monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now