Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Has pharmacy given me correct HRT?

(5 Posts)
Hellothereitsme Fri 21-Apr-17 22:30:57

For the last month I have been taking Estradot 50mg patches. This was prescribed by HRT consultant. Today I collected a repeat prescription from my GP snd take it to the pharmacy. Notice tonight that pharmacy has given me Evorel Conti patches.

Are they the same just different manufacturer? I'm assuming not and that I need to return to the pharmacy tomorrow.

Thank you

PollyPerky Sat 22-Apr-17 11:00:37

Have you looked them both up online and checked the ingredients?
Estradot is oestrogen only , the other one isn't.

Hellothereitsme Sat 22-Apr-17 11:05:06

Just spoke to the pharmacist and he said they are the same. Yes looked up online last night but thought surely they haven't got it wrong. Honestly sometimes you couldn't make it up!! So back to GP on Monday to find out why they have given me this one.

PollyPerky Sat 22-Apr-17 13:10:52

Sorry but they are wrong. How on earth can they get this wrong???

1 Estradot is an oestrogen only patch. Unless you have had a hysterectomy you would also need a progestogen tablet each month ( for however many days ) or the Mirena.

See here www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/15649

2 Evorel Conti is a continuous combined type of HRT containing both hormones - oestrogen and norethisterone.

See here www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/15326

Hellothereitsme Sat 22-Apr-17 13:20:26

Thank you. I did know they are wrong but felt as a non medical person that I obviously didn't understand. They said the GP had prescribed it so yet again I will have to go but to the doctors and tell them they are wrong. I've never had such bad health service in my life. No wonder so many women suffer in silence. I am going to complain to the pharmacy as no way should they have said they were the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now