Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Is this how it starts?

(6 Posts)
useyourimagination Fri 14-Apr-17 13:59:59

I've missed a period, or more accurately, I'm now 11 days late. I've always had a regular 28 day cycle. I'm definitely not pregnant (I've tested just to put my mind at rest).

I'm sometimes warmer than DH but not sure if I've had hot flushes or not. I don't seem to have any symptoms other than this missed period.

I'm nearly 48. Is this how it starts?

AlpacaLypse Fri 14-Apr-17 14:02:16

Just like everything else about our bodies each of us has slightly different noticeable changes and in different orders and some lucky souls don't get any of the horrid symptoms at all. So yes it's pretty likely.

ineedaholidaynow Fri 14-Apr-17 14:08:32

It is possible. Mine used to be regular and then they started to be further apart and then nearly continuous!

The other main symptom I noticed at that time were my mood swings, either a raging harpy or a crying mess, or on a really good day both shock

Still not had a hot flush. Still usually much colder than DH

Joto369 Fri 14-Apr-17 16:16:11

Yep that sounds about right though we are all different. I've had painful ankles and uti symptoms (both of which have gone) chin hairs (which haven't!!) but by far the worst is crippling anxiety and mood swings. Periods further apart and lighter but no hot flushes. Keep a track of symptoms - It helps xxx

useyourimagination Fri 14-Apr-17 19:12:20

Thank you. My mind is now completely at rest that this is what's happening. I'll watch out for the mood swings and when they happen I can warn DH and DDs!

ineedaholidaynow Fri 14-Apr-17 19:40:11

There was a clip about the menopause on the tribute to Victoria Wood programme the other day on BBC1. If you can find that on iPlayer that will give them a good idea on how it might affect you (sorry no good at links).

It was scarily accurate, if very funny smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now