Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Evorel conti patches

(4 Posts)
Lunaballoon Thu 13-Apr-17 07:07:37

I've recently taken the plunge and started on HRT. I've been prescribed 8 Evorel conti patches which I started on Tuesday so it's still early days. The instructions on the packet say the patches should be changed twice a week but the printed pharmacy label says once a week. Is this normal or should I be going back to my GP?

AlternativeTentacle Thu 13-Apr-17 07:12:48

Twice a week. But call the pharmacy and let them know.

Lunaballoon Thu 13-Apr-17 20:56:04

Thanks, I'll check with them after the long weekend. I thought since I'm new to HRT, maybe the dose would be lower by using fewer patches but that doesn't make much sense. It also means my 8 patches are only enough for a month if I change twice a week. Is that normal for a first prescription and will I have to see the GP again for repeats? Sorry to sound a bit dim!

notapizzaeater Thu 13-Apr-17 20:58:25

They may have started you off on a low dose to see how you get one - my GP gives me 3 months at a time,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now