Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Evorel conti patches

(4 Posts)
Lunaballoon Thu 13-Apr-17 07:07:37

I've recently taken the plunge and started on HRT. I've been prescribed 8 Evorel conti patches which I started on Tuesday so it's still early days. The instructions on the packet say the patches should be changed twice a week but the printed pharmacy label says once a week. Is this normal or should I be going back to my GP?

AlternativeTentacle Thu 13-Apr-17 07:12:48

Twice a week. But call the pharmacy and let them know.

Lunaballoon Thu 13-Apr-17 20:56:04

Thanks, I'll check with them after the long weekend. I thought since I'm new to HRT, maybe the dose would be lower by using fewer patches but that doesn't make much sense. It also means my 8 patches are only enough for a month if I change twice a week. Is that normal for a first prescription and will I have to see the GP again for repeats? Sorry to sound a bit dim!

notapizzaeater Thu 13-Apr-17 20:58:25

They may have started you off on a low dose to see how you get one - my GP gives me 3 months at a time,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now