Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Is this it?

(1 Post)
Emphasise Mon 10-Apr-17 21:05:13

I'm 47, had really awful period pain and irregular periods when young, but much better since I had DC, last one 14 years ago.

In recent years periods have become almost regular (28-30) days and over the last 5 years or so, I've had some pain (prior to that I got none at all) but easily managed with paracetamol and lasting only 24 hours.

I was due on c. Weds last week and the low level nagging pain that usually signals AF is on it's way, started then. Only AF didn't arrive until yesterday and even then, it's just a bit of spotting, nowhere near a normal period. And the pains haven't stopped and I feel sick and have done for a few days.

Start of menopause or something else? Either way, do I need to see a doctor or just leave nature to get on with things. Haven't had any other symptoms really, although been on edge and "premenstrual" all week and still am when it usually only lasts a day or two and clears as soon as AF arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now