Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

im 45. no symptoms at all but no period this cycle could it be menopause?

(17 Posts)
AprilSkies44 Sat 01-Apr-17 15:26:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smartiecake Sat 01-Apr-17 15:30:46

I'm nearly 45 and my periods have started to get irregular, I have had a bleed this week but it's been 8 weeks since I had my last one.
I think this is normal early symptoms and the other ones come later on.

AprilSkies44 Sat 01-Apr-17 15:32:34

smartiecake Sat 01-Apr-17 15:35:50

Well I'm no doctor but from what I have read, irregular periods is one of the first signs of being peri-menopausal. This may be the first one that doesn't follow your 30 day cycle but if it the peri-menopause then there probably won't be a regular pattern. I have started to write down when my periods are and I haven't been to the GP but because of my age I am fairly certain it's the start of the menopause. Oh joy!

PollyPerky Sat 01-Apr-17 15:39:32

Read all about peri menopause here.

www.menopausematters.co.uk

Being 10 days late is not that serious- just means your cycles are now becoming irregular. This can carry on for years- they may become every 30 days again and be like that for months then you may have a 3 month gap or longer...no rules.

AprilSkies44 Sat 01-Apr-17 15:41:34

ineedaholidaynow Sat 01-Apr-17 15:44:26

Mine used to be regular then became very irregular, months apart then days apart. Have been like that for a few years now.

Then started to have various other symptoms. Have a look at perimenopause. Think this stage can last quite a few years before you hit the menopause itself.

AprilSkies44 Sat 01-Apr-17 15:47:33

AprilSkies44 Sat 01-Apr-17 15:48:36

smartiecake Sat 01-Apr-17 15:52:18

Missing/irregular periods is the start of it April, the other symptoms come later on

ineedaholidaynow Sat 01-Apr-17 15:55:20

I still haven't had hot flushes, other symptoms I have had include feeling more emotional than usual, the rage, the feeling of not coping, brain fog and aching joints. But most of these have appeared in the last couple of years, whereas I have had irregular periods for about 5 years. You can still get pregnant in this stage.

ohidoliketobebesidethecoast Sat 01-Apr-17 15:59:41

You don't necessarily get all the famous symptoms, some people have very little of those. Your periods becoming irregular is a symptom of menopause, and though you're saying you haven't had that, there is always going to be a first irregular one, by definition.

It doesn't mean that's it, no more periods, it just means its late this time. It may start tomorrow, or you may have none for months, then start to have them again for a while, there is no real logic to it.
The only way to find out what's going on, if you need to know because you're TTC, is to go talk to your doctor I think. Good luck :-)

pinkieandperkie Sat 01-Apr-17 15:59:57

Sounds like the start of peri. I had irregular/missed/heavy/light periods for a couple of years before any other symptoms started. I was 46 when it started. I have now gone 14 months without a period and I am just 51. It's been shit.

mars62 Sat 01-Apr-17 18:11:05

Just posted on another thread about this my periods stopped on my 50th Birthday,regular right up until then,they just stopped no irregularity before then or any menopausal symptoms the hot flushes started about a year later.

ChewyGiraffe Sun 02-Apr-17 12:50:06

I'd say 45 is still a bit on the young side? This type of thing happened to me previously and an ultrasound scan showed a haemorrhagic cyst. It was nothing sinister, I think it's like a follicle that hasn't ovulated properly and then self-corrects, but I had a longer cycle before it did. If you Google fertility ultrasound scans, lots of those Babybond type places do scans for less than £100 [e.g. www.ultrasound-direct.com/women-ultrasound-scans/].
Also have you ever had your FSH tested? Ask your GP for a blood test between day 2-5 of your next cycle, ideally day 2-3. That would give you some idea of whether you're peri-menopausal. I'd guess - given your cycles have always been regular and a good length - probably not.

ChewyGiraffe Sun 02-Apr-17 13:25:47

Sorry, I also meant to say, I'm really sorry to hear about your TFMR, sorry for your loss.

AprilSkies44 Sun 02-Apr-17 13:38:27

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now