Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

NEED SOMEONE DESPERATLEY TO TALK TO - NEW TO HRT POLLY?

(2 Posts)
brookesy1969 Fri 31-Mar-17 15:48:06

Hi this is my first post on mumsnet. I am a 48 year old mum of two teenagers. About six weeks ago I had some kind of breakdown that coincided with my period coming back after three months of no periods. I had also missed odd periods during 2016. I spent days crying and had heart palpitations and couldn't go anywhere. I didn't sleep and I was not me in any shape or form (think January climbing a glacier in Iceland). I got slightly better and then 18 days later had another period and everything started again - but worse. My doctor has seen me blubb about not having any more children - which also is not me! After spending all last weekend in my bedroom I went back to the doctors on Monday and was given Evoril Sequi. The instructions were vague as I was 11 days after my period. I stuck the first patch on and hoped for the best. Within a few hours I felt my normal self and then on Tuesday and Wednesday I felt bloody amazing and slept through the night (first time in four weeks). However, woke up yesterday and today and could hardly get out of bed as ached from head to toe and feel slightly anxious and flat. When I changed my patch yesterday I thought I might perk up - but not. Please tell me this is normal and that I will come out the other side - Life is so difficult at the moment.

PollyPerky Fri 31-Mar-17 17:21:21

Hi there...so glad you have got HRT - sounds as if you needed it.

I'm not an expert on patches....but it sounds as if either your own cycle has kicked in a bit and you are in the progesterone phase which is when the PMS symptoms kick in, or you are now onto the progestogen part of the patches?

Hang on in there. It will get better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now