Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Spotting with Mirena post meno

(5 Posts)
NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Wed 22-Mar-17 13:21:40

I had a Mirena fitted 11 months ago as my progesterone part of HRT. I use three pumps of Estrogel each day and Vagifem every night and a smearing of Ovestin cream in outside bits four times a week....all needed to control severe VA which is my main problem.
After Mirena was fitted I had constant daily spotting for 4.5 months then it stopped. However I do get the odd bit of bloody staining...less than spotting and don't require pads every few weeks doesn't last more than a day. However I'd did have some 10 days ago and again today....is this safe to leave or get it checked?
I am worried if I go to the doctors...they are useless on meno, they will stop my HRT and send me for invasive tests.
I am two years post meno and am confused on bleeding after meno if you are using a Mirenaconfused

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Wed 22-Mar-17 13:22:45

Should have checked my grammarblush

PollyPerky Wed 22-Mar-17 13:29:43

Do you know for sure you are 2 years post meno? Had you had at least 12 months with no bleeding before the Mirena?
How old are you now? The spotting every few weeks might suggest you are still having very light natural periods.
I think it would be highly unlikely for there to be anything wrong, using the Mirena like that, as it's supposed to be the safest form of progestogen in HRT re. uterine lining.

The drs shouldn't stop your HRT but they might send you for a scan which isn't too bad. There is no need to stop HRT before a scan. (Some GPs are telling women they have to, but having had many scans over the years, under a consultant , it's not the case.)

I think I'd leave it for a few weeks and see how it goes but you ought to mention it to the GP .

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Wed 22-Mar-17 13:55:07

I am 53 and hadn't had a period for 12 months before I had the Mirena.

PollyPerky Wed 22-Mar-17 14:27:43

I think spotting with a Mirena is par for the course at any age but if you are worried, see your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now