Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Do u still get pmt symptoms if you're on hrt?

(8 Posts)
babayjane67 Mon 20-Mar-17 08:28:07

Hi all me again
I've been on oestrogen only hrt in patch form 25mcg for just over 2 wks now.am on it initially for 3 months.
Overall I would definitely say it's working but the last few days I've noticed I'm getting bit more impatient again& testy at times. a few days before that though my libido came bk with a vengeance! also palpitations seem to have come bk which I used to have a lot of. I've had lots of tests/investigations & is nothing serious.I've gone on to decaff coffee&tea before I started hrt& was hardly getting any but now they seem to have come bk!
So is it still possible to have pmt symptoms with hrt plus palps or is the hrt not working as well anymore?

PollyPerky Mon 20-Mar-17 08:48:50

Hi there I think it's important to see HRT as part of the arsenal against meno symptoms, not a single silver bullet.

But you have only used it for two weeks! That's nothing! It takes time to build up in your system.

Also, doesn't everyone have mood swings as part of normal day to day life? You can't expect to be on an even keel every single day either before or after meno!

Having said that, 25mcg patch is a really low dose. Possibly far too low for someone your age. Why not up to 37mgs or 50mgs?

babayjane67 Mon 20-Mar-17 09:14:04

Thanks Polly
Yeah I spose I have been seeing it as some sort of cure all really& I was on a real high to start with.not that I'm not happy I am a lot happier since I've been on it!no crying or extreme mood swings since I've been on it.still worry about certain things but then I am a worrier anyway!
I spose it means that if u have pmt beforehand u will still have it on hrt.
Not sure about the palps though.

babayjane67 Mon 20-Mar-17 09:19:16

Dr said to be on it initially for 3 months & we can up dose if need be so I've taken that to mean up it after the 3 months.I'm not sure what she meant really!would it be too soon to up it if I've only been on it 2 wks?especially if as u say it takes time to get into yr system?

PollyPerky Mon 20-Mar-17 10:18:04

Yes that's usually what happens- 3 months then a review. I think if after 6-8 weeks you still feel really awful I'd go back and discuss, especially as it is such a low dose. But do give it a bit longer!

babayjane67 Mon 20-Mar-17 10:24:57

OK Polly thanks!
Will see how it goes

Eatingcheeseontoast Mon 20-Mar-17 15:11:06

My doctor suggested Agnus Castus alongside HRT for mood swings - it seems to have helped me.

babayjane67 Mon 20-Mar-17 16:04:41

Thanks Eating!
Will keep that in mind!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now