Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Low level social aniety.

(2 Posts)
humblesims Mon 13-Mar-17 18:14:30

I'm in my early 50's and going through the menopause. I have always suffered from low level social anxiety but have dealt with it OK up til recently. I dont go in for social gatherings much if I can avoid them and if there are things that I have to do that involve my social anxiety I just get on with it but will worry for a few days before hand and get a bit stressy. I run my own business running classes in my local area. I did this to make myself network with people in my field of expertise otherwise I would never meet up with any like minded people! I put up with the pre class stress usually but lately the anxiety seems to be more and I think its because of the menopause. I dont want to go to the GP because I dont want anti depressants (I'm not depressed) but I wondered if any MNers have any tips or remedies to help me just get on with my life and not worry about the (pretty simple) things I have to do.

PollyPerky Tue 14-Mar-17 12:49:17

It may be nothing to do with meno- just how you are? I suffer a bit like you (am using HRT) but to be honest find that the less I do, the worse the anxiety can become. I think you should try to push yourself a bit and see if you can overcome this by moving out of your comfort zone a bit. CBT might help- you can do some stuff online or there are good books out there - have a google!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now