Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

HRT not working any more

(5 Posts)
Allfurcoatandnoknickers Tue 07-Mar-17 09:42:39

I've been on HRT Evorel Conti 50 for about 4 years now- prior to that was on Sequi, and now have a mirena fitted for progesterone.
For the past few weeks I've been having night sweats again, palpitations and more aches and pains. My GP won't prescribe a higher dose of HRT as I've had about 3 ocular migraines in the last 8 years, which is fair enough I suppose, but I don't know what to do now?! I'm really sick of the menopause, and have been having symptoms one way of another since my early 40's and I'm 50 now....

PollyPerky Tue 07-Mar-17 10:15:34

Presumably you are not using a conti patch ( both hormones)- as well as the Mirena?

If you have the Mirena all your need is a separate oestrogen patch or Oestrogel.

If you are using a conti patch and the Mirena I'm not surprised you are feeling hot! Far too much progestogen and not enough oestrogen.

BTW migraine of any kind is not a risk for HRT- read info on the Migraine Trust website. Your DR is out of touch.

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Tue 07-Mar-17 12:49:17

Oops it must be sequi not conti def just only oestrogen, my mistake.
Interesting what you say about migraines- will take a look thanks

PollyPerky Tue 07-Mar-17 13:10:58

Have a look at what you have.
It can't be sequi because that is still 2 hormones but the progestogens during the 2nd half of a cycle.
Are you using an oestrogen only patch?

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Wed 08-Mar-17 07:24:28

Yes it's eostregen only- def no progesterone patch- that's only from the mirena.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now