Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

angus castus and st johns wort ?

(4 Posts)
kellie39 Mon 06-Mar-17 16:38:45

hi
ive used angus castus before and found it helpful (ish) and i at the min im feeling really low and anxious so ive just brought st johns worts to see if they will help my mood.
so i was wondering if you can use them together ?
i also take evening primrose oil and vit b complex
im so hoping the st johns wort will help lift my mood enough that i can start for feel like myself again.
has anyone had any good results from st johns wort?
thanks in advance for any info on this
xx

babayjane67 Mon 06-Mar-17 18:03:23

Hi Kellie!
I took SJW tabs for about 5 wks for my depression/ low mood.I think it was working to some extent.I was happier in myself but I was still getting anxious/panicky& still having tearful/crying times.so am now on hrt patches that I only started Friday so still early days.
I've never used Agnus Castus though or the others you've mentioned.
Don't know if that helps at all but good luck with it!

kellie39 Wed 08-Mar-17 12:26:56

thanks for your message, ive been on anti depressants a few years back and i thought i would try something herbal this time. if they dont work then i will have to go back on them although im not keep in the idea at the min but i wont rule it out as i do need to get this low mood and anxiety under control as it effecting me everyday now.
hope hrt works for you , these horrible mood swinger are terrible arent they
xx

babayjane67 Wed 08-Mar-17 17:27:42

Yes they are the worst symptom for me.
Absolutely horrible!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: