Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Peri & big stomach

(7 Posts)
Mackers123 Sat 04-Mar-17 00:08:23

Hi ladies, over the last year I have lost weight but my stomach is still pretty big and it's not just lower stomach. I've been this weight before and my stomach didn't look like this. I'm not particularly overweight so I'm wondering if it's to do with being peri menopausal and if so what can I do?

babayjane67 Sat 04-Mar-17 08:34:45

I don't know if it's to do with peri meno or not but I would go see yr Dr to get chkd out.
Let us know how it goes.
Good luck!

PollyPerky Sat 04-Mar-17 09:32:22

Women's shape does change post menopause unless we really try to control weight and exercise. It's also the first place we put weight on during peri. it's not called middle age spread for nothing! Have a read about change in weight distribution in mid life.
However.....any swelling in the abdomen if you also have digestive or bowel issues should be checked by your dr to check it's s not cancer and a tumour pressing on your internal organs.

Mackers123 Sat 04-Mar-17 10:35:06

Thanks ladies, I did wonder if it was digestive issues or something I am eating. But as you have advised I should get it checked out.

Mackers123 Sat 04-Mar-17 10:35:25

Thanks ladies, I did wonder if it was digestive issues or something I am eating. But as you have advised I should get it checked out.

PollyPerky Sat 04-Mar-17 10:42:22

Have a read of things online like this...

www.menopause.org/for-women/sexual-health-menopause-online/changes-at-midlife/changes-in-weight-and-fat-distribution It's not likely to be anything other than meno unless you are also burping, constipated, have pain etc.

Mackers123 Sat 04-Mar-17 14:08:19

thanks PollyPerky x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now