Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Update!

(10 Posts)
babayjane67 Thu 02-Mar-17 19:44:25

Hi all me again!
Well I've spoken to Dr today who's spoken to a haematologist rather than refer me as id be waiting months for an appointment!
She's now agreed to put me on hrt patches!i can pk them up from chemist tomorrow!at last!hope it does the job for me now.so happy after a crap start to the day&feeling very meh!
Does anyone know if I can still take St Johns Wort,Menopace,calcium& fish oil for the omega 3 with it?I stupidly forgot to ask her!or indeed whether I will need to now? Though I think calcium& fish oil should be OK.

babayjane67 Fri 03-Mar-17 08:40:52

Anyone?

MagentaRocks Fri 03-Mar-17 08:42:56

Ask the pharmacist when you pick up the prescription.

terrylene Fri 03-Mar-17 08:47:13

Definitely not the st johnswort. It affects liver enzymes which reduces the effect of the hormones.

PollyPerky Fri 03-Mar-17 09:02:42

That's good news!

I'd ask the pharmacist. Patches bypass the liver, unlike pills, so not sure about SJW affecting liver enzymes and then hormones; if that was so, it would affect all women who have naturally high hormones pre menopause.

But the other point is you need to see if HRT and the dose you have , works. SJW might interfere with this because you won't know which is helping.

Other supplements are fine.

babayjane67 Fri 03-Mar-17 09:41:40

OK thanks girls!I will ask the pharmacist.
Yes she's put me on a low dose for 3 months to start with then she said we can up it if need be.not sure which one it is till I pk it up.
Just sooo glad she's listened to me!just hope it works now!
Thanks Polly for all yr help.

babayjane67 Sat 11-Mar-17 12:20:57

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply.
Pharmacist said best to leave it all out for the first 3 months so I know how the patch is working as won't be able to tell if it's that or the other supplements.definitely not the SJW though at all!
It's been a wk now& so far so good!I am on Estradiol 25mcg.
Anyone know how long it takes to work? Although I am feeling .much happier in myself.no more crying.haven't had any horrible rages though I am still a bit testy at times.more so today for some reason.not been aching so much.so think it is working fingers crossed!

terrylene Mon 13-Mar-17 15:31:16

It sounds like it is working already!

Some bits respond immediately, some over a week or two, some over a month or two - and others you will look back at a year later and think - hmm, that's better hmm. Hard to say wink

babayjane67 Wed 15-Mar-17 08:04:35

OK thanks Terry!
I also feel younger strange though that sounds!lol plus my libido is coming back!wink

terrylene Wed 15-Mar-17 12:45:46

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now