Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Hot flushes?

(8 Posts)
Lucysdiamonds Mon 27-Feb-17 09:21:05

Can someone tell me what hot flushes feel like?

I'm 52 and haven't had a period for about 4 months I think. Before that they were erratic. .. Sometimes every 5 weeks, sometimes every 8 weeks ..

I've started to feel very hot at times, it doesn't last long, then I feel normal or cold. I don't seem to be sweating though our go bright red .. Maybe a little flushed sometimes.

PollyPerky Mon 27-Feb-17 10:31:25

Yep, might be them smile
I think everyone is different.
Mine were not too bad but very frequent- at least once an hour.
My face started to feel hot from the base of my neck upwards. It went pink- like blushing- with a sweaty upper lip. There was nothing I could do to stop it but I did get a kind of tingly 'this is a hot flush coming on' for a few seconds first. I put up with it for a few months only then reached for the HRT!

ErrolTheDragon Mon 27-Feb-17 10:39:14

Yes, that's the sort of thing I have (and a very occasional night sweat but you'll know if that happens). Meno is, I think, a hugely variable experience. I essentially just started wearing cardis or zip front things rather than over-the-head jumpers so I can fling it off at the first sign of overheating.

PollyPerky Mon 27-Feb-17 10:42:08

I just found it all embarrassing. Working closely 1:1 with men some of the time I didn't like 'blushing furiously' for no apparent reason! I also had bad insomnia so it wasn't just flushes.

Joto369 Mon 27-Feb-17 18:06:53

I don't get them through the day but wake up at night damp with sweat usually cleavage area having had to kick the covers off. It's definitely very different for everyone!

Lucysdiamonds Mon 27-Feb-17 18:25:01

Probably is then ....

So my irritability, lack of patience, ability to cry at the drop of a hat ... could that all be menopause too?

ErrolTheDragon Mon 27-Feb-17 18:54:48

Either meno or teenagers .grin

Lucysdiamonds Mon 27-Feb-17 19:12:11

Yes dd is doing my head in confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now