Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Is this the menopause?

(7 Posts)
Hercules12 Fri 17-Feb-17 22:21:38

I'm nearly 43 and just noticed I've hardly any hair on my arms or upper legs. I've never used hair removal things on either of these but have occasionally shaved my lower legs. I shaved these a few days ago and noticed that the hairs were long but lots of hairless bits still.
No issues with hair on my face or head thankgoodness. Also had mirena removed a few months ago if that makes a difference.
Are these symptoms of early stages of menopause?

Hercules12 Fri 17-Feb-17 22:27:03

And it's gone from my fingers. However I have been finding them on my chin in recent years...

measles64 Fri 17-Feb-17 22:28:32

It could be the perimenopause.

abbsisspartacus Fri 17-Feb-17 22:30:57

ive had no period for 7 weeks and no sex for two years so definitely not pregnant! im guessing im finally growing old

Hercules12 Fri 17-Feb-17 22:32:28

Do I need to do anything ie see a gp? Or is this to be expected at my age?

PollyPerky Sat 18-Feb-17 08:47:24

The first signs of peri meno tend to be irregular periods. Less body hair on your legs and arms ( you mean your forearms?) is not usually anything to do with menopause. Losing or less pubic hair is something some women find happens when they are many years post meno.
There is no need to see your GP. if your periods stop before 45 then yes you ought to as that is premature /early meno and the treatment is HRT to at least 52.

Hercules12 Sat 18-Feb-17 10:19:24

Thanks pollyperky.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: