Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Anything to be done about loss of sex drive?

(3 Posts)
pfrench Mon 13-Feb-17 14:28:08

I'm only 43! Had the first FHS test after no period for 5 months... very high (88), but then a random period arrived and stuck around for 3 weeks, am now sort of having periods again, but they are dribbly/nonexistent and just enough to make sex a bit 'urgh'.

I'm just not as interested in sex as I was, no where near. Might be something to do with just being tired from normal life, but even on holiday I'm all 'meh' about it. I feel sorry for my partner, and me to a degree, we used to have a great sex life.

Anything I can do? I can't go on HRT, so there is nothing the GP can do for me.

PollyPerky Mon 13-Feb-17 19:55:17

Why can't you go on HRT?

chickensaresafehere Tue 14-Feb-17 08:58:32

Same here pfrench .
Polly was very helpful when I was doubting my GP's opinion.But I am back at the GP's on Friday,a lot more knowledgeable & I am asking for HRT.
My periods are hit & miss,if I miss one,The PMT I get before the next one is horrendous,my libido is non existent,which isn't like me & makes me sad.I'm tired most of the time and my brains like cotton wool.
I went to the GP,as the gabapentin she gave me for the hot flushes made me feel worse,so she offered me SSRI's instead,which I refused (have had episodes of depression in the past,but had over a year of private CBT & counselling) but every time I visit the doctors now,with whatever,they bring it back to depression & want to prescribe me SSRI's?!
Polly linked me to the NICE guidelines on menopause & the menopause matters website,which was very helpful.
So I'm going in meaning business on Friday as I cannot carry on like this,it's miserable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now