Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

I need some advice pleas

(7 Posts)
Snowball426 Fri 10-Feb-17 23:46:30

Hi. This is my first post as I feel like I have no one to talk to and I'm getting more and more worried.

I'm 36 and until October had normal periods as I've always had. Since then they have stopped. I've done about 50 pregnancy test (no joke) pharmacy now know me on first name etc. Saw doctor who also done test and told me not to worry. Except I constantly am!

Has anyone else experienced anything similar.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sat 11-Feb-17 17:25:47

You need to go and see a different doctor as this needs looking into.

Buzzardbird Sat 11-Feb-17 17:26:38

Have you had your hormone levels checked?

Snowball426 Mon 13-Feb-17 21:42:08

Thank you for your replies.

I'm on the pill and at first I was terrified I'll fell pregnant, after all the tests I started to feel a little better, however I'm still doing them every couple of days.

I'm GP says I'm too young to be starting the menopause and won't offer any other tests, even though I explained my mother also went through this just after her 40th.

I just feel so lost at the moment

PollyPerky Mon 13-Feb-17 22:35:00

Your GP is being ridiculous. Have they not heard of premature menopause? Beggars belief they can be so stupid.
Read the info on the Daisy Network website and see another GP- change practices if you need to- you need help.

Snowball426 Mon 13-Feb-17 23:03:07

Thanks I'll ring for an appointment tomorrow.

Although I'll probably have to wait about 3 weeks, two surgeries have combined with one extra doctor! I've been with them since I was a child, yet now I never see the same one twice.

This may sound really daft, as after a very very hard pregnancy I was overjoyed to have my son. Was just thankful and never considered ever wanting to go through that again. But since I've started worrying that I would no longer have a choice in the matter it's really playing on my mind. I'm only 36, Id never even considered this.

PollyPerky Tue 14-Feb-17 07:35:10

The point is, if it's premature menopause, then you need treatment to protect your health- heart, bones and brain. If your periods stop before age 40, this is quite serious in terms of health. You might not have symptoms till your 50s or 60s but there is a very big risk of osteoporosis and heart disease if you are without oestrogen (or have low levels) for 15-20 years before most women hit menopause.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now