Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Help! Is this a prolapse? Warning might be TMI

(7 Posts)
StirredNotShaken Thu 02-Feb-17 14:31:05

I have just been for a poo and to put a tampon in but when I did it felt tight, light there was already one in there. Well I had a fish about but it was clear there was nothing in there already. The bulge was squidgy but hard and it really scared me. It felt horrid. Well, I squatted over the mirror to be sure there was no tampon string visible and just sort of pushed this protrusion back a bit and it disappeared! I've had no other symptoms (this could have happened before but I may not have noticed it I guess). Is this a prolapse? I have googled it of course. What am I mean to do? Does anyone else have experience of this? Just what I need, menopause, never-ending periods and now a fucking prolapsed womb/cervix/fanjo.
Thanks in advance for your responses. It's all a bit scary confused

F1GI Thu 02-Feb-17 14:37:30

It's possible it's a prolapse. My mum had it happen and it was her bladder that could be felt coming down. Don't panic, see the GP.

Ilovecaindingle Thu 02-Feb-17 14:44:41

I had similar but nurse dismissed the idea. Then I have just read that you should insist on being examined standing up for a better result. . Hope all is well with said fanjo for you. .

StirredNotShaken Thu 02-Feb-17 15:02:36

Thank you both - i will call the Doc as soon as the latest period is over! Bloody womanhood - there's always something!

SecondsLeft Sun 12-Feb-17 15:13:05

Stirred, I went to the GP once after something similar. She found nothing and clearly wrote 'hypochondriac' in my notes judging by the reaction I get from every GP ever since. BUT what she missed was that I had a massive fibroid developing. It just wasn't obvious when I was lying down for examination, but put so much pressure on my bladder and nether regions, and would kind of throb (pressing on a vein I suppose).

SecondsLeft Sun 12-Feb-17 15:13:44

Oh I mean she thought I was over anxious becasue I said I thought I might have had a prolapse and there was 'nothing' there.

pombal Sun 12-Feb-17 15:18:40

Could be a polyp, especially if you have had irregular bleeding - polyps can bleed.

Needs to be checked by a gynae.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now